Greetings Fellow Tesla Owners, Reservation Holders, and Enthusiasts!!!! We have been working for the past 5 months with the Tesla Science Center (TSC) Board on a very special event, and we now have approval to begin to advertise this first-ever annual event dubbed “Tesla Meets Tesla.” This event is an outreach by Tesla owners in support of the Tesla Science Center mission, which is to “Develop Nikola Tesla’s last and only existing laboratory in Shoreham, NY (USA) into a science and technology center and museum.” This laboratory, built in 1901, was called Wardenclyffe, and the entrance is located at 1-5 Randall Rd, Shoreham, NY 11786. We are looking for 30 Tesla car owners to serve as volunteers for fall cleanup on the site in the morning (9 am to noon). At 1 pm, following the cleanup session, the TSC will open this historic site to the public to inform them about Wardenclyffe and what Nikola Tesla did on the site, the critical need for funds to rebuild the facility, and also give people an opportunity to learn about Tesla car technology (this is where our Tesla car owners and the Tesla store in Syosset NY come in). THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WARDENCLYFFE HAS BEEN OPENED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
The 25 October “Tesla Meets Tesla” event is split into two time periods. From 0900-1200, we need 30 Tesla Owners to bring their Teslas and do some cleanup chores at the site (removing debris, trimming, etc. - nothing too strenuous!) at the direction of the TSC Board who will have a list of chores for the volunteers. However, before we get started, we will line up the 30 Teslas and owners in front of Tesla's lab and take photos. Then we will park the 30 Teslas in the area designated by the TSC Board (for the afternoon public viewing) and get to work. At noon we will take a break, cleanup and change clothes (if necessary), and prepare for the public session from 1-4 PM. At the event some of Long Island's best food trucks will be there to feed folks (pay as you go), high-end heated/air conditioned portable bathrooms for your comfort, and Tesla folks from the Sysosset Store will be there also.
Two last notes:
• The TSC Board is running this show (and we Tesla Owners are in support of the TSC), and it is about educating the public, raising money, and showing the public Nikola Teslas last remaining lab in the U.S.
• The rain date for this event is Sunday 26 October.
• We cannot have more than 30 Teslas and 30 volunteers during the cleanup. If you are bringing children, you will need to ensure they are monitored (i.e., babysat, so to speak) at all times, as there are areas in Wardenclyffe that are not safe to go.
If you can attend the cleanup session from 9 am to noon and you can bring your Tesla, post the following info in the thread:
• Mobile number (you can email me your cell phone number if you [email protected]
• Model info (Roadster, Model S60, 85, P85, P85+)
• Color of car
• Number of guests coming with you.
• Whether you can stay on the 26th in the event of rain on the 25th.
If you cannot bring your car or don't want to help with the cleanup from 9-12 but you want to help the TSC Board with any help they need throughout the morning and afternoon, please provide the following:
• Mobile number (you can PM your mobile number to me if you like)
• Number of setup volunteers
We look forward to hearing from at least 30 Tesla owners for this first-ever event! And keep an eye out on the forum for an announcement about a MASSIVE fund raising event to raise $30 million dollars to bring Wardenclyffe back to life and realize the dream of the Tesla Science Center!!! Jim