Washington DC

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Dashcam Install

edited November -1 in Washington DC
Anyone in the DMV area got a Dashcam professionally installed? Any ideas on where to go to get it done?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited November -1
    I just had a dash cam installed yesterday at DSI Electronics in Laurel. I'm happy with their work...the only think I'd change is they didn't install it to a constant power source, so the camera's parking mode doesn't work. That's not too big of a deal to me, though. They did a nice job installing the rest of it; there are no visible wires anywhere.
  • edited November -1
    How much did it run, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, you got any contact information, or just hit em up? Don't know if there was someone I should talk to about it...
  • edited November -1
    The install was $200 (for both front and rear cameras). I brought my own camera (Blackvue 650) but they have another brand that I think they keep in stock.

There are only a few guys there, but I mainly worked with Jeff.
  • edited November -1
    anyone else? ideally a firm who knows to wire to a constant power source or at least knows to the discuss the issue with the customer beforehand?
  • edited November -1
    If you don't mind me asking, why did you install a dashcam?
  • edited November -1
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=reasons+to+install+a+dashcam

any recommendations for a good dashcam installer?