New York

NYC / Long Island owners tip

edited November -1 in New York
NY has a clean pass program that Tesla owners can benefit from. Clean Pass is an innovative program that will allow eligible low-emission, energy-efficient vehicles to use the 40-mile Long Island Expressway High Occupancy Vehicle (LIE/HOV) lanes beginning March 1, 2006, regardless of the number of occupants in the vehicle. For more details check here: https://www.dot.ny.gov/programs/clean-pass

To Apply for a Clean Pass:

Applications will be taken over the phone, by calling the State Department of Motor Vehicles at 1 (518) 486-9786, menu option 6, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.

The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles has also developed an on-line process for obtaining Clean Pass stickers. Please visit DMV's website The preceding external link opens a new browser window and follow the steps below:

Select the "Ask a Question" tab. You must enter your email address and first and last name to submit the request.
Select the Category "2. Own, Insure & Register a Vehicle" AND the Sub-category "p. Clean Pass Stickers Request."

Provide all of the following information:

Name and address of the registrant as they appear on the registration. If your address has changed, see change of address The preceding external link opens a new browser window on the DMV Web site.
Daytime phone number.
NYS vehicle plate number.
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Year, Make AND Model.
If the vehicle already has Clean Pass stickers, the sticker number.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Thanks very much for this information.
  • edited November -1
    They rejected my initial request because my NYS registration is still temporary and to retry when I get the real one.