New Jersey

Need NJ shore supercharger.

edited November -1 in New Jersey
Hamilton is way to out of the way across the state. Need s SC on the GSP between exit 117 and 80. It will make AC and Wildwood trips.

Comments

• edited November -1
    There is a liquor store in Brick with a 70Amp charger in the back. Owner has an S which he purchased recently.
  • edited November -1
    @jmcm2110 which liquor store are you referring to? Thanks.
  • edited November -1
    Wine Shoppe - Hooper Ave, near the center of Brick.

Owners name is Tikoo (Tiku?) Great guy - has a white 'S' in the front.
  • edited November -1
    http://my.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/can-we-get-jersey-shore-supercharger

(Combining older post with newer one while looking for a more recent one.)
  • edited November -1
    just saw SC station (in progress) at Jersey Shore Premium Outlets (GSP 100) - 9 charging bays!!
  • edited November -1
    Is that exit 100?
  • edited November -1
    Either access from x100 or x102; visible from the Parkway.

Personally not useful but would be great for NYC/CT travel to Wildwood.
  • edited November -1
    Hiren.MD. did you happen to see if they are the new style supercharger with the thinner charging cable?
  • edited November -1
    That's still too far north and only services North Jersey and New York. People coming from Pennsylvania from the Philly area or heading up from Maryland and Delaware need something closer to the Jersey Shore than Newark, Delaware. I provided a link on June 22, 2015 above to a post suggesting the Manahawkin area, just outside of Long Beach Island. We need at least one more between Atlantic City and Manahawkin to be able to cover the entire Jersey Shore round trip back to a charger. There are very few destination charger options along the entire breadth of the Jersey Shore.
  • edited November -1
    There was talk on TMC about another one planned for this year at the junction of GSP and the AC Expwy.
  • edited November -1
    That location makes more sense now that this Outlet Mall location is in play. Has anyone kept an eye out locally? It would be nice if it popped up quickly (stealth mode) like this one did.

The last time that I went up that way, I had to do an 80 minute, 100% charge in Newark, Delaware, two hours on a HPWC and 12 hours overnight at 120 Volts in order to cover the local travel and return to Newark, DE. All that to avoid going North to Hamilton SC in order to go South to Maryland. That future South Jersey Supercharger is key for me to visit college friends easily.
  • edited November -1
    Jersey Shore Outlets - 8 bays (more than on the NJTP rest areas...)

Looks ready to go (but isn't yet) As of Saturday evening (8/15)
  • edited November -1
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/50682-Possible-Jersey-Shore-Premium-Outlets-SC-under-construction

Still not open, but everything looks ready. From the above thread, a worker said that the utility still needs to do some work. My guess is it's just a matter of inspections.

I hope to use this this week and next week if possible. I also hope to install a NEMA 14-50 at our Brigantine, NJ rental beach condo to attract EV owners (as well as for our own use).
  • edited November -1
    Hi Folks,
    I stopped there this evening...looks good but still not working just yet. Bummer.
    FYI!
  • edited November -1
    For those of you looking for Jersey Shore charging options in the 90-110 garden state parkway exit area:

1. the wine shop in Brick is in the "Places" navigation directory if you look for chargers. The owner of the shop is a tesla owner and installed the standard connector in the back of the store. Super nice guy and staff. They said just drive up and use it whenever I needed it. And of course I then bought $150 of wine....

2. The Supercharger at the Outlet Stores off exit 101A is basically finished, but the electric hasn't been turned on yet. I saw some workmen there last week, and they thought it would be ready by Labor Day. I drove by yesterday and it looks ready, but not working yet
  • edited November -1
    Used Newark, DE and Hamilton, NJ to get to Belmar and back to MD afterwards this weekend.

Hamilton is out of the way for getting to LBI (Long Beach Island for the non-locals) from Newark SC and back.
    2015 Summer's almost gone and we're still looking for that South Jersey GSP (Garden State Parkway) location between Mannahawkin and Atlantic City. I see it on the 2015 map and there's only four month's left. Hopefully, we'll get an early Christmas present.
  • edited November -1
    I saw the Tinton Falls outlet supercharger. It had 8 stalls and looks like they are expanding 8 more on the opposite side of it. Not sure if it is working yet.
  • edited November -1
    It's obvious we need one in South Jersey. Cape May is a natural place. Near the ferry.
  • edited November -1
    Super chargers in Manahawkin would be excellent. There are major malls right off the Garden State Parkway.
  • edited November -1
    Here is a problem that I see about putting superchargers in mall parking lots. Owners especially locals are going to plug in and ten dissappear shopping for an unknown amount of time. Superchargers should be at highway reststops. Tesla should try and make their own highway reststops with just superchargers.
  • Dear Thread-mates,
    I went by on 9/5 in the afternoon (really dumb idea on a holiday weekend since it was packed and with overflow parking, but was in the hood) and got excited because there was a Tesla plugged in. She/he must have opened their charging port door and just plugged in the cable, because I tried that at three of the other spots, but no power was on. The button also would not open the port door. Sigh...still waiting!
  • I'm charging in stall 1A. Yeh! A store owner said it was on all week but may be taken off line for a replacement part so Tesla may not advertise it just yet. This location started being built in mid-June - finally on! I'm certainly happy it is working for a quick hit.

They just added another electric charging station (one nrg station and a Nissan CHAdeMO station) just down from ours. Looks like just one plug for each at this time.
    Enjoy!
  • edited November -1
    I spoke to a Sales Rep about waiting on the South Shore Supercharger near Atlantic City and he mentioned Egg Harbor. Can someone in the Egg Harbor area take a ride past the Shore Mall and Circle Shopping Centers to see if any construction has started? Those looked like two probable locations based on the intersecting highways and businesses in the area. Thanks. If someone knows how to look up permitting applications in the township, that would be awesome!
  • This Jersey Shore Outlet supercharger was in the recent software release so all official. Thanks Tesla! Time for some late beach season trips...
  • edited November -1
    PhillyGal posting here for access to owners threads (Husband's account).

We went to the Jersey Shore Outlet charger today just for something to do and some shopping.
    It's very easy to find as it is right inside the entrance. There aren't many ICE cars around because it's a small parking lot (the rest of the lots surrounding the property are much bigger.)

We charged and headed to a few closer stores, then moved the car (only 2 others when we got there, 1 when we left) to continue our shopping. We got a nice remote end spot that was not at all remote once we returned. The place had gotten quite crowded!

As much as this location does nothing for us south jersey shore visitors, you can get all the way to Cape May if you charge here so it's a great start!