General

Does Tesla Require pre-employment drug testing for assembly line workers?

My buddy just got hired by tesla and said he was not drug tested. I have received a job offer from tesla contingent on a physical does it include a drug test? Thank You - Jake (from state farm)

Comments

• edited November -1
    Maybe they're doing it only "for cause".

Check whether your records have ever been associated with drug use, concern, interest, court case, advocacy, etc.
  • edited November -1
    I forget.
  • edited November -1
    Well. Now they will.
  • edited November -1
    I hope so.
  • edited November -1
    I'm fairly sure it is done at random to keep costs down. So stop by Starbucks on your way in, and get ready to walk in there to proudly fill the cup!
    Is being able to pass the test an actual concern of yours? Not trying to make accusations, just thinking out loud :)
  • edited November -1
    If you have to ask, ...
  • edited November -1
    I hope so.
  • edited May 2019
    Expect that you will. People have to get drug tested to operate cash registers. I would only hope that someone operating heavy machinery, or perhaps being the person to build my Tesla is not doing so under the influence.
  • edited May 2019
    Oh. Do they test for alcohol use? I once worked for a "urine or you're out" company where some workers would come back drunk after lunch. I sent an email about how this policy violated the company's ethics guidelines. They fixed the problem by changing the ethics policy then threatened me to not say anything more or there would be serious repercussions. They started testing me for drugs every few months. They tested me again one morning after working for 24 hours straight: I told the nurse that she was doing this for political reasons, not medical. If it was for medical reasons they would be far more concerned about my performance with such lack of sleep than with identifying possible metabolites that are detectable for weeks after using a drug but do not affect performance.
    They never tested me again.
  • edited November -1
    No one cares, except for the spammer who resurrected this thread from December 2014.