Washington DC

When charging is more expensive than Gas

edited November -1 in Washington DC
I live in an Apartment 425 MASSACHUSSETS AVE NW, we have chargepoint but the rates are 0.45 cents "4x times the price per Kw/h " per Kw/h. Doing my match is as expensive as Gasoline in todays price, more in winter that the range diminished big times. How much are you paying for public charging stations fees.

Comments

• edited November -1
    I have paid nothing at the free public chargers in Merryfield, VA while shopping at MOMs market. I agree most public chargers are not a good value. I have used them on occasion just to make sure I can for when I may need them in emergencies.
    While I live in an apartment style condo, I was fortunate that my condo board approved my installation of a 208v outlet in my parking space, and pay super off peak EV charging rates from Dominion VA Power at 1AM, less than 1 cent per Kw/h. Taxes and fees are way more than the cost of power. About $20 per month on 2500 miles driven.
    Hope you can find a less expensive solution.
  • edited November -1
    I would explain that to the management and try to negotiate a reasonable rate.
  • edited November -1
    Another alternative is to supercharge for free at Bethesda. A friend of mine is in a similar situation here in Virginia, and he supercharges at Woodbridge when he needs juice.
  • edited November -1
    @cberman

Besides the Bethesda MD and Woodbridge VA superchargers, you can charge for free @ the Mandarin Oriental 1330 Maryland Ave SW 24x7 (2.5 miles from your location - these are 80A Tesla chargers) and the Tesla store on 1050 K St N.W., open til 7pm on weekdays and 6pm on the weekends (.5 miles from your address). Lastly, the Tyson Corner Mall is also a good option and open 24x7. Hope this helps.
  • edited November -1
    @cberman , I thought Tesla doesn't allow guests to charge at that location ?