Northern California

Dublin Service Center

Chatter over on TMC forum mentions a Dublin service center to take over the Stoneridge Chrysler place when they vacate on June 1st.
Possibly Superchargers coming too because great location where 680/580 intersects.
This will meet the needs of many Happy Tesla motorists travelling North/ South and East/ West direction in the East Bay.
Kudos to TM again!

Comments

• edited November -1
    This has long been in the works. Apparently the original Walnut Creek SC plan did not materialize. There have been major delays in getting the Chrysler dealership to move. In the words of EM, 'soon'...
  • edited November -1
    Awfully close to Fremont? Do they typically put service centers within 20 miles of each other?
  • edited November -1
    Roseville and Rocklin SC 8 miles apart ...and Folsom nearby too. Culver City and Hawthorne close to each other in SoCal.
  • edited November -1
    ... my bad , on previous thread I meant SC = supercharger. Perhaps Dublin Service center will take up East Bay customers ( lots of them) and thereby reduce the load on Fremont since Walnut Creek did not get one. Plus it will be a place to put SChargers. IMO
  • edited November -1
    Permits requested now for the Dublin Superchargers... but it appears to be located across the street from Dublin Service Center (at the former Stoneridge Chrysler dealership). S Chargers will be behind the Golf Mart. I guess TM didn't want to congest the Service Center cuz this may become a popular spot being prime
    location at 680 and 580 intersection.... Kudos TM!
  • edited November -1
    I just drove by and the Chrysler signs have been removed from the building. There are still a ton of vehicles on the lot. Can't wait for Tesla! I live about a mile away.
  • edited November -1
    This is great news. I live in Dublin and welcome the service center and a SuperCharger too.

The Chrysler deal is moving down to the Fallon Rd Exit on the Pleasanton side of 580, just across from the San Francisco Outlet Stores complex.

Im pretty sure that dealership wont be open for a while - they just paved the parking lot and the inside is not done, so I imagine it will a few more months before the new service center.
  • edited November -1
    This will be awesome.. I live in Brentwood and San Rafael just did my annual. Good service as usual but it's such a hike over there. They said some of the guys are moving to Dublin.
  • edited November -1
    Drove by old Chrysler dealership --future home of Dublin TM service center and all Chrysler cars are gone now.
    Renovation to take 7 -8 weeks. Superchargers are confirmed to be coming...
  • edited November -1
    wooooohooooooooo! Thank you, Tesla ❤️
  • edited November -1
    8 weeks for renovation--would be a record. TM needs different lifts, hardware, and of course electrical infrastructure. Can't wait.
  • edited November -1
    I was at the Fremont Factory today and I got the impression that there was to be only one SC at the Dublin location...primarily for the serviced cars.
  • edited November -1
    I live in dublin. I hope this location has supercharging stalls for general owner use. Keeping my fingers crossed! It will be perfect when commuting long distance across east bay without the need to detour into Fremont.
  • edited November -1
    monis_x = Idiot!

Did you hear Elon say "its not cool to use for local driving"?

CHARGE AT HOME!!! DON'T BE CHEAP!!!
  • edited November -1
    mclary, i have answered that question before and lets be civil in our communication. If you have point to point travel, home charging works. If one is making multiple stops commuting across bay area say from tracy to napa valley and back then stopping at home and charging at a slow rate is NOT an option and need the SC speed. Also if i need to charge fast, I will go to the local super changer irrespective of what you say. I like being cheap, so deal with it.
  • edited November -1
    I check out the place the other day, its empty and don't see any activity from tesla yet.
  • edited November -1
    @monis_x As someone from the Tracy area, I rely on the Manteca supercharger all the time. You can then take 5N to 12W and it almost completely avoids traffic congestion (especially on the 580-680 transfer).

However superchargers in Dublin would be awesome as I often head to Oakland area and may be moving out there myself.
  • edited November -1
    monis_x - Relax! Don't be so uptight!!

Flagged!!
  • edited November -1
    @mclary- are you posting Flagged!! or is the from someone flagging your post?
  • edited November -1
    @N743RV. A Dublin TM employee says 4 to 6 Superchargers to start with & will be on site ; expandable to 8 .
    So everybody relax ...
  • edited November -1
    ...observed from across the street and internal walls are being relocated...
  • edited November -1
    @N743RV, thanks for the update. If you look at http://supercharge.info/ you will notice it says status permit, 1 stall. not sure how accurate is the source of the information.
  • edited November -1
    Relax!!! They have a long way to go!

Don't hang out bothering the TM employees or the construction workers. Let them do their jobs and they will get finished faster!!!

Idiots!!
  • edited November -1
    Supercharge.info defaults to say 1 charger just for permit purposes.
    When finished there will be CPO's at Dublin because there is so much parking room.
  • edited November -1
    anybody know when it'll open?