Georgia

Window tinting

edited November -1 in Georgia
getting my Model S soon, dark grey with all black interior. I think I'll need good window tinting, can anybody recommend a place near the Vinings area?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Or the Roswell/Alpharetta area?
  • edited November -1
    For many years I have taken my cars to K & L Window Tinting. They do a fantastic job. Plan on taking my new Tesla there once she arrives.....

http://www.kandlwindowtinting.com/
  • edited November -1
    Got my MS tinted at AllPro tinting in Canton. Bit of a hike from Duluth but work was good. Going back next week to get windshield tinted.
  • edited November -1
    @Duluthdad, How long did they take to tint?
  • CDWCDW
    edited November -1
    I called K&L Window Tinting based on the reference above... The guy had no clue what a Tesla was.... no go. I was looking for someone quick initially (we were going on a road trip). The good ones were booked! Anyhow, decided to wait, and finally going to AllPro tomorrow.
  • edited November -1
    K&L did mine on Monday and he did a fantastic job. He has done my past cars, Audi A4, 3-BMW 7 series, Lincoln Navigator, Ford C-Max and my Tesla 3 days ago. Fantastic job BTW had him install 28%
  • edited November -1
    Boondocks How long did it take for you? Is it first come first serve? Is it better to make an appointment? By the way is there any legal limits to the darkness of the tint?
  • edited November -1
    It IS first come first serve. Around 90 minutes. I usually show up on a week day at about 8:50am to be the first one in.
  • edited November -1
    Could someone throw up a ballpark on teh cost of getting the tint done.... Txs!
  • CDWCDW
    edited November -1
    Had 2 tesla done: first one was $200 with a groupon
    Second one was $550 on a higher end film.
    They were both good.
  • edited November -1
    CDW, was this for all windows - front, sides, pano, hatch?
  • edited November -1
    These guys all the way!
    https://plus.google.com/+Glasstigertinting/about

132 reviews with a 4.9 star rating along with amazing customer service. A reasonable drive from the perimeter. Ask for Steve, he's the owner.
  • CDWCDW
    edited November -1
    querich03: it was for everything except the windshield and pano roof.
  • edited July 2018
    I know this is an old thread, but as Model 3 owners get their access changed, I wanted to add Executive Tint in Roswell. Josh did a great job on our Model 3 -- and he stocks the size to do the back window in one piece where others say it has to have a seam.
  • edited January 13
    Have used AllPro and several others.
    Best I've found is AP3 in Alpharetta.
    Most tinters are barely competent when it comes to the Model X windshield.
    AllPro can handle it. But they are a long drive away, expensive, and keep your car overnight.
    AP3 is not cheap, but it is a better value and Model X is their specialty. Plus, they only need your car for half a day.