Washington

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

San Jose, CA to Whistler, BC Road Trip

edited November -1 in Washington
First big road trip with our 2014 P85 from San Jose, CA to Whistler, BC. We've made a couple of jaunts from San Jose to LA/Palm Springs (too easy to even mention) but we're looking forward to the first "big one" later this week. Planning to use mostly super-chargers (and maybe a little help from me friends for a quick boost here and there) along Hwy 5 but we're open to exploring as we head up north. Any suggestions? Stopping for a wedding outside Seattle, playing some golf in Whistler and the ferry over to Port Townsend, WA to visit some friends. Looking forward to the trip, looking forward to meeting other Tesla owners outside of the SF/LA gangs, and hoping to see some interesting sights and scenery. Any suggestions on "off the beaten path" sights? I'll try to keep everyone updated with the obligatory energy usage and super-charger reviews. But if anyone wants more information let me know. I hope to maybe see some of you out there!

Comments

• edited November -1
    sschlief, we're planning to do your trip in reverse in November, from Quilcene, WA to Palo Alto. We'll be interested in hearing what you learn. You'll know of all the superchargers, but a couple of other ideas: last week we spent a couple of days in Bellingham, which has two chargers in the SpringHill Suites parking lot. Several people staying overnight were on their way to Vancouver for the soccer finals. Take the Coupeville to Port Townsend ferry and stop at the Deception Pass bridge for an overlook at one of the fastest currents on tide changes in North America. Coming down from Bellingham to get there, drive via Chuckanut Drive into the Skagit Valley. Good restaurants in Bow and Edison, at Samish Bay, the Captain Whidbey Inn on Whidbey Island. If Quilcene is on your way you're welcome to charge in our garage. If in Port Townsend or Port Angeles there are free chargers in both downtowns. Our son took our Tesla to Whistler last month and he said he charged at Burlington supercharger and again at Squamish. If you want to talk more, write to me at [email protected]