Washington DC

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

When will we be able to see a Model X in person?

edited November -1 in Washington DC
Thinking about trading in my Model S Sig for one with the auto-pilot hardware, but would really like to see/sit in a Model X before I pull the trigger. Anyone heard of when there will be a Model X in Rockville Mall, Tysons, or DC one can check out in person? Or any founders in the area that wouldn't mind giving a tour?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Spoke with Nikia at Tysons last week when I was there for some minor adjustment to my S, she said it's anybody's guess but nto to keep my hopes high until the end of the year at the earliest. More likely February.
  • edited November -1
    I spoke with the folks at Montgomery Mall last week, and they said there haven't been any East Coast deliveries yet. They expect to have a model in the showroom around Christmas.
  • edited November -1
    UsbTory, did they mention a year tied to "Christmas" when you got your answer? Here is hoping that it is this year because I would like to see it in person also to make some future decisions.
  • edited November -1
    Red, I am in the same boat as you are. Was in Tyson's mall over the past weekend and stopped by the showroom and asked around. They are not expecting any for either viewing or test driving before February.

There is a chance things might change, but chances for changing for the better or worse are same.

Regards,
    Sharad
  • edited November -1
    Montgomery Mall is also now saying February at the earliest.
  • edited November -1
    On the phone with Tesla Sales yesterday, as I was the top referrer from North America, so I get to both swap out my current Model S 70D for a P90DL, as well as the option to purchase a Founder's Model X at base price.

On the Model X, I am told that Tesla has been going through the process of finalizing pricing and the configurator for the Model X, and will begin taking orders for non-Sig Model X vehicles this week. I'm supposed to be receiving a link to configure my Founder's Model X within the next couple of days. I am currently hoping for a January delivery, and was told that all non-Sig Model Xs would be designated 2016 models.
  • edited November -1
    Congrats!!!
  • edited November -1
    Not, what was your final total?
  • edited November -1
    As far as demonstrators at the galleries is concerned, the speculation on TMC seems to be that we not see Model Xs in the galleries until February or March here on the east coast. The rational is that all cars being produced between now and the end of the year are for deliveries to make end-of-year quota. Then in late December they will start injecting a few Demo cars in the production line with January and after delivery to Galleries.

This speculation seems to jive with what I heard from the Tysons folks.
  • edited November -1
    @notblueclk is there a chance that you will get your X before the Galleries? Will you bring it to one of the Cars & Coffee events or similar?
  • edited November -1
    @Redmiata98 - Final was 96.

@Tedsla.va.us - I just put the order in yesterday, and it gets confirmed next wednesday. I guess I'll know soon after that as to when to expect delivery. We've heard from our DS that they are pushing to get these cars out by end of year, using truck carriers instead of rail. We're getting the Signature Red color on it, too.

I'm more than willing to show up at a Cars & Coffee with my S P90DL, but the issue is that the X will be my wife's car, so I have to convince her to let people check out the car.
  • edited November -1
    I will be getting a 90D, so probably not until April-June. They say Summer, but I think it depends on how many P90D are ordered, rather than what they indicate on the configuration tool. I hope to have access to it (config tool) next week, but will have to wait and see. There will be at least 2 Founder's in this area as of the end of January (I hope) so hopefully one of you guys will let us see your car. I have been waiting for more than 3 years and there is no changing my mind, but it would be exiting to see it before I actually get mine.
  • edited November -1
    Notblue, Any updates on your delivery? Would love to see yours if you can get permission to use it;-)

Did you get the 20 or 22 tires and why? Tow package? Ludicrous? Etc, so what is your config?
  • edited February 2016
    I was finally able to make an appointment for a test drive mid-March. How dis everyone else do.

Notblue, nicely done!!!!
  • edited November -1
    I was in the Tyson's dealership for a simple repair about two weeks ago and there was an X in there being cleaned for delivery. I did not touch but got to look at it and the inside. Beautiful.......
  • edited February 2016
    Got ours recently. Sometimes at Katies and weekend lunches at Tysons. No test drive but certainly full look around.