Model S

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Tesla Dashcam Videos

edited October 2015 in Model S
TESLA DASHCAM VIDEOS
If you have any good videos from a dashcam in your Tesla, please share them.
Here are two of my close calls.
HOV Intruder
Red Light Runner

TeslaTap.com
Red light runners from two different directions in 30 seconds at the same light!
http://faqoid.com/_images/video-viewer.html

tezzla
Note: the gps speed lags a bit.
Red light creeper

tezzla - Here's another one, this is right at dusk and the quality is not very good (I cleaned the lens after viewing the video). Note the pedestrian starting to cross on the left.
Red Light Close Call

PBEndo - After you

PBEndo - This one appeared to be intentional. I am following a slow driver in the HOV lane who is failing to keep up with traffic during rush hour. After he skipped several opportunities to change lanes, I signaled and started to pass on the right. He waited for me to commit to the lane and then starts to change lanes right into me, while slowing down even more! After I passed on the left, I wished I had a rear camera recording all of the other cars having to go around him as he was now blocking the other lane and going even slower than before. He was probably too busy cursing at me to notice.
No problem

PBEndo -
HOV Lane is nice during Rush Hour!

Emfeder - Motorcycle accident in front of me due to parking car opening door into traffic.

The action starts at 2:00.

PBEndo - Had another close call this morning. I was the only car traveling in the 3 Eastbound lanes of a 6 lane divided road. A car slowly turns onto the road ahead of me. This car has 3 lanes to choose from and only one has a car traveling in it. As you might guess he pulls into my lane. As I get closer I realize I will need to pass in the middle lane since he is going very slow..wait...WTF?....why is he braking...OMG....HE'S STOPPED....IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD....BLEEP...BLEEP...BLEEP. Then the school bus decides it is time to get off the sidelines and join the action......
Teamwork!

Another red light runner

Close Call

I'm Invisible!

For reference the traffic was moving at exactly 80 mph when the motorcycle passed by.
Lane Splitter

newscutter - Flying Black Bags
newscutter - Near Miss From Stopped Speeder

PBENDO - On the way to work this morning,
another Close Call

Auto-pilot saves the day!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Red light runners from two different directions in 30 seconds at the same light!

http://faqoid.com/_images/video-viewer.html
  • edited November -1
    Note: the gps speed lags a bit.

<a href="http://thekohlers.com/CloseCall.mp4">Red light creeper</a>
  • edited November -1
    Here's another one, this is right at dusk and the quality is not very good (I cleaned the lens after viewing the video).

Note the pedestrian starting to cross on the left.

<a href="http://thekohlers.com/RedLight.mp4">Red Light Close Call</a>
  • edited November -1
    I found another one

<a href= you</a>
  • edited November -1
    This one appeared to be intentional, not a mistake. A slow driver is in the HOV lane failing to keep up with traffic during rush hour. After he failed to take several opportunities to change lanes, I signaled and started to pass on the right. He waits for me to commit to the lane and then starts to change lanes right into me, while slowing down even more! After I passed on the left, I wished I had a rear camera recording all of the other cars having to go around him as he was now blocking the other lane and going even slower than before. He was probably too busy cursing at me to notice.

<a href= problem</a>
  • edited November -1
    <a href=" Lane is nice during Rush Hour!</a>
  • edited November -1
    You guys must not be from the NW.

• edited November -1
    @Zap
    didn't know this until fairly recently, but I'm told it's illegal to yield your right of way
  • edited November -1
    I was taught that there is no such thing as a "right of way".
  • edited November -1
  • edited November -1
    I always give .5 seconds, then take the right-of-way! btw: this makes my wife very angry :)
  • edited November -1
    I'm a bona fide "blue tarp camper" and "goose bumped beach bum". My stack of firewood is a masterpiece too.

My girlfriends and I would go camping in the rainforest all the time. I smile ever time I see that video.

I went to the International Kite Festival two years ago in August for my birthday in weather just like you see in the beach bum video.

I would never be caught in wool socks and sandals though.
  • edited November -1
    Cap'n, whereas I agree on principle, I have varicose vanity and need to wear support socks (refuse to say "hose") with my Birkies. Not wool, though; never wool.
  • edited November -1
    Not Texas law to blame. Washington.

"The law says who must yield the right-of-way, it does not give anyone the right-of-way. You must do everything you can to avoid an accident regardless of circumstances."
  • edited November -1
    Bighorn - This is true in California. I have a friend who was ticketed at a 4-way stop-sign intersection for yielding her right-of-way. She said he was a motorcycle officer hidden and watching the intersection. She thought another car and her arrived at the same time and she signaled for them to go. He pulled her over and told her that it was her right of way because she arrived first and it was illegal to yield that to the other driver. $275 ticket. Happened around 18 months ago in Orange County, California.
  • edited November -1
    I just wish that they would enforce the "Keep Right Except To Pass" laws. Daydreamers in the passing lanes cause huge back ups on the freeway.
  • edited November -1
    +1 Cap'n
  • edited November -1
    @Captain_Zap I arrived back to WA 2 years ago after being away for 12 years. I forgot those old Pemco commercials. Thanx for a good chuckle.
    By the way I have a photo I want to submit to Pemco. It is of a guy on I5 southbound in the Federal Way area with a bicycle strapped on his motorcycle in the HOV lane in the rain. The caption would be, "Soaked Motorcycle/Bicycle Commuter Guy, You're one of us!"
  • edited November -1
    I was taught a driver on your right has precedence.
  • edited November -1
    That's the rule, though it is widely ignored or misunderstood, IMO.
  • edited November -1
    I have driven a lot in Germany and do they ever enforce the traffic laws there. You stay out of the right lane unless passing. I was going into Frankfurt from the South at 110 in the center land and was passed by a motorcycle going so fast that I heard the Dopper shift beautifully as he went by. Where I live, even the cops ignore all conventions and it bugs me. People run reds and sit through greens, turn into the wrong lanes and have no clue about the rules of a roundabout! Some states do better than others but we need a common platform, nationwide and a common standard of enforcement.
  • edited November -1
    Don't you mean "you stay out of the <i>left</i> lane unless passing"?
    or "you stay <i>in</i> the right lane unless passing"?
  • edited November -1
    I have driven in Italy, Slovenia and Croatia, and I have been a passenger on the Autobahns in Germany. The driver discipline was far better in those countries than in the States. At first glance, it often seemed dangerous due to a higher rate of speed by some of the drivers. But, I felt safer very quickly when I saw how everybody seemed to follow the rules, especially concerning passing on the left and slower traffic staying right.
  • edited November -1
    Motorcycle accident in front of me due to parking car opening door into traffic.
  • edited November -1
    I should have added that the action starts at 2:00.