Model X

Model X in the showroom?

edited November -1 in Model X
Has anyone spotted a Model X in any of the Tesla showrooms? If so, where and can you provide pictures?

Comments

• edited November -1
    heard from a tesla sales: "Model X test drives will most likely start early 2016."
  • edited November -1
    @Mlchang

First thing first.

I assume the priority is to start delivery to those who waited more than 3 years with non-earning interest deposits of $40,000 first before Tesla would deliver them to showrooms.

If you don't hear any news from the press about a delivery above then most likely you won't see them in showrooms for sometime more.
  • edited November -1
    Sales associate told me yesterday that test drive cars are expected to be available by year end at the Southern CA locations. I am not a reservation holder, so presumably reservation holders will have ability to test drive even sooner.
  • edited November -1
    Not sure how "reliable" this info is. Maybe in California, due to Tesla's proximity there may be some demo cars. Here in Georgia, the SC says they don't expect Model X until 2016. The also stated they believe the priority is given to fulfilling orders on reservation holders who have been waiting over 3 years.
  • edited November -1
    @vinny_s85

It's easy to predict a date.

Model X production date was predicted by Tesla as 2013.

Later on, was updated as 2014.

Then, it actually happened at last on 9/29/2015.

So it's easy to predict a date for show room as the end of this year.

However, those dates are not meaningful until you can see a constant, continuous production on the assembly line.

I think fair is fair.

More than a thousand of Signature holders have finalized their orders and rendered their deposits non-refundable without personally doing a test drive.

They deserve to get their deliveries first and get behind their steering wheels first, way before anyone else in showrooms.
  • irir
    edited November -1
    Santana Row (CA) says they'll have an X in Q1 2016. Test drives will be exclusive to reservation holders.