New Jersey

Any tips on washing the model S?

edited November -1 in New Jersey
Products used ?

Any recommendation on car wash in central NJ?

Comments

• edited November -1
    I had mine opticoated so I use optimum no rinse wash. During the winter I go to spotless car wash in Teaneck, I use the brushless car wash which is open 24 hrs. Teaneck might be a bit of a hike from central jersey but I have also looked around and I have not found one a little closer
  • edited November -1
    My BMW & Lexus are Opti-coated as well (and my MX will be also as soon as I get it next month). Optimum no-rinse is excellent but I generally use the Optimum spray & shine if it's not too dirty. There is an excellent hand wash in Totowa, on Union Blvd. that's closer than Teaneck. I use that if the car is really salty/dirty.
  • edited June 2016
    @rcheng Where did you have it Opticoated?
  • edited June 2016
    Greg Gellas
    Signaturedetailng.com
  • edited November -1
    What did they charge, if you don't mind sharing? Thanks!
  • edited November -1
    Approximately $600, depending on how much paint correction needs to be done
  • edited June 2016
    Bush: signature detailing.com charged approx $600 for opticoating your S? That's much better than the quote I received from kleen car (approx $1000 depending on paint correction).
  • edited November -1
    Yeah. $600 for ccquartz. A similiar product to Opticoat, but with a wetter look.
    Also, Greg did my car in 2013.
    But give him a call for a quote. $1000 is a lot. I think the guy who gave you that price sees a Tesla and jacks up the price
  • edited July 2016
    Yeah. $600 for ccquartz. A similiar product to Opticoat, but with a wetter look.
    Also, Greg did my car in 2013.
    But give him a call for a quote. $1000 is a lot. I think the guy who gave you that price sees a Tesla and jacks up the price
  • edited November -1
    I received a quote from Greg a few weeks ago. He said a wash, paint decontamination, single polishing step, and Opti-Coat pro with a 5-year warranty is $900. If additional paint correction is needed, it would be 400 more.
  • edited November -1
    Kevin at Kleen Car did my MX for $800 (Opticoat)
  • edited November -1
    Nelson arrived in 2013. Asked the same question (in this forum if i remember correctly). Finally I gave up all the considerations and just ran him through any car wash that claimed to have washed Tesla before or having so called brush-less car wash. Just traded it in end of 2016 - still looking beautiful. Can I see the fine lines when starting at it really close and hard? Yes. Was it still beautiful? Yes. Did it impact trade-in price? No. Given Tesla is tech thing on wheels, 3.3 years after arrival, Nelson was a vintage. In other words, it doesn't matter unless you are really into it - one person's opinion of course.
  • edited November -1
    Cindy,
    I hope you bought another Tesla.