Colorado

Founders Model X Showing and Silver Wheels

edited November -1 in Colorado
Hey all,

I am getting a Founders Model X delivered in the next 4-6 weeks. I am happy to show it to anybody that would like to check out the car before buying if the Park Meadows store still doesn't have any show room models (or even if they do ;-).

Also, since it's a Founders, I can only order the Silver 22 inch Wheels (for summer only!) and I really want the greys. Is anybody else looking at getting the 22 inch silver wheels? If so, could I persuade you to order the greys and I will swap with you plus some cold hard cash?

I will be ordering these tires with winter tires, so I won't be driving on my silvers.

https://tsportline.com/shop-tesla-aftermarket-accessories-products/tst-pre-order-20-tesla-wheel-set/

Alternatively, I could get the silvers powder coated. Anybody have experience with that?

Thanks all! Excited!!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    We would love to see it. Have a resevation for X and asked to configure but waiting until we can see it.
    Are you close to Fort Collins?
  • edited November -1
    Hey James,

I am in south Denver.
  • edited November -1
    I just saw a Model X in Albuquerque. They're okaaaay, I suppose, but Model X owners are shy to do donuts in a parking lot, drive 60mph with the back doors up or let you eat greasy burritos in the front seat whilst touching the screen.

Humpf, I say.
  • edited November -1
    LOL. No open sharpie markers when you sit in my X!! :-)
  • edited November -1
    Hey I'd love to see it when you get it... If you get it before I get mine, and you should. My order is confirmed, but no VIN yet - Production P90D, Pearl White with Ultra White seats... I ordered the 20" wheels for now, because winter... I wasn't sure if I'd want the 22's and to mess with swapping wheels for seasons. If I decide I want them 22"s I might be interested in yours.

Keep us posted.

@WHitchings. No way are you going near my X and its white seats.
  • edited November -1
    I'll keep you posted, Monkey. I just configured on Thursday, so waiting out my 7 days. They told me 3-8 weeks from there...
  • edited November -1
    I'd love to see the X if you want to schedule something when it arrives! I'm in Littleton, and have no idea when our X will arrive. I configured at the beginning of the month for different tires, so I can't help. Sorry.
  • edited November -1
    Will do Kamala. My order confirmed yesterday. Now we will see how quick they get the Founders model manufactured!
  • edited November -1
    SolarPoweredCO,
    We are in south Denver with an S and would love to look at your X when you receive. My wife wants one ASAP! Let me know and we'll set up a time to meet.
    Chris
  • edited February 2016
    SolarPoweredCO,
    How is it that you are configuring a Founder's X now? I assumed all of that had to happen last September. And I also assumed that there were only a handful of Founders Xes anyway (<50). How does one get a Founder's edition, rather than a Signature (of which there are ~1200 right?)?
  • edited February 2016
    Hey Kamala,

I think there are going to closer to 80 Founders edition vehicles produced. This is via the referral program. We can actually wait to configure until end May if we want to (to allow bugs to be worked out)
  • edited February 2016
    On 1/22 you were quoted 3-8 weeks on delivery. We're now at the 3 week mark and any updates? I too have a confirmed order for a 90D to arrive mid-2016, whatever that means. I have a test drive scheduled for the Denver event in early March. Please message me when you receive yours, as I too would love to see (aka gawk) at my future car. As a founder, I suppose you have all available options on yours? Correct? Thanks
  • edited November -1
    See you at the event, Jon! 10 days to go!
  • edited November -1
    SolarPowered, any updates? We ordered a 90D but will be waiting until "latter half" of the year for delivery. Would love to check it out when you get it.

Chris
  • edited April 2016
    I have had great experience with powdercoating my 21" summer wheels using Pristine Powdercoating off Hampden near Santa Fe. Call 720-488-5499and ask for Lee. He is a perfectionist and the price is extremely reasonable.