General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Please Read First Before Posting On The Forums

Comments

• Worst service of any company I've ever dealt with. Can't get a defective wall charge fixed.
    So Frustrated
  • Once again I encourage normal members to write email to [email protected] about FiSHEV misinformation campaign against Tesla. If enough people bring this to their attention we might get rid off him forever. Thank you
  • @Peter_B - Did you set up an appointment in the app? Did they refuse to fix it after you set up the appointment? It should be quite simple.
  • > @WW_icefree said:
    > Great we can't even flag spam anymore.

eee
  • I have a couple of questions:
    1- What is the material over the rear doors on a model S? Is it possible to attach "hand holds" to assist in getting in and out of the rear seat? Is it substantial enough to attach to?
    2- Is it possible to hold the music set up from a flash drive so that you can continue to continue to listen to your chosen music after exiting the car rather than having to star all over again? (USB, folder, ........)
  • However your sell representative did a paperwork mistake that is costing me 8500 euros in tax cut.
    I would like to report to Whom it may concern my bad experience with the Tesla store at Velizy :
    have a Model 3 and quite happy with it.
    Basically as you probably know, the Paris region offer a cash back for EV only if your request is approved before ordering the car. I explained this to Mr. [email protected] and he insisted that the Velizy store is well aware of that and that all the paper work will be fine. It turns out Not, the paper work is not correctly done, I will be losing a large amount of money because of this incompetence.
  • Velizy_Store,

You need to contact Tesla directly. Only owners and enthusiasts participate on this forum, and we cannot help you resolve your issue.
  • Once again I encourage normal members to write email to [email protected] about FiSHEV misinformation campaign against Tesla. If enough people bring this to their attention we might get rid off him forever. Thank you
  • > @awbi_98316715 said:
    > 1- What is the material over the rear doors on a model S? Is it possible to attach "hand holds" to assist in getting in and out of the rear seat? Is it substantial enough to attach to?

No. The side curtain airbag is along the roof trim above the door. Any attachment is going to block the airbag, or worse puncture it. This is a pyrotechnic device and I'd be very careful working around it. I don't see a way to add a handhold unless you remove the airbag completely. Even then you risk any attachment puncturing through to the outside roof causing leaks.

> 2- Is it possible to hold the music set up from a flash drive so that you can continue to continue to listen to your chosen music after exiting the car rather than having to start all over again? (USB, folder, ........)

It's a bug. Hopefully, it will be fixed at some point, but it seems to be a low priority. I don't know of any way around the bug. Agreed it is annoying. Oddly, older cars with MCU1 do not have the issue. I suspect in the attempt to minimize vampire drain, they created this side effect.
  • @awbi_98316715

1- It might be possible to attach a grab bar, vertically aligned, along either the 'B' or 'C' pillars (or both), but it's a no go for any attachments to the articulating Falcon doors themselves.

2- What @TeslaTap said.
  • I went from a super fan of Tesla to a very disappointed customer. I traded in my Model S for another Model S (2020) because I refuse to drive anything else.

The delivery was fine not much other than a signature. However, Day 1, I was faced with a window that needed to be recalibrated, a trunk that needed to be re-mounted and today a charge port that needs to be replaced.

Day 1, I spoke with Tesla (Riley) and he told me that I had 7 days to return. We both agreed that I’d wait for the service call that was already scheduled before I made a final decision.

Day 7, it seems like the return policy changed because there is no return policy. My ask was to replace it with another 2020 Tesla.

Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed. I live I Austin and was thrilled that Elon was moving here and starting the new factory. My suggestion is that he should stay in CA and improve the customer experience.
  • I just found out, that fish lives on the general forums, whilst looking for the stock threads...
  • Please flag @WW_icefree and report it to Tesla for spam and constant inappropriate behaviour, he is using multiple accounts to post on the forums. Thanks.
  • Complete lie.
  • since this is pinned to the top, the one asking to flag and report (Maxxer) is the one who changed his username 5 times and attempted to act like a new user each time, and ended up where they are now on a second account themselves.

this is the square root of idiot.
  • Still using same account I have created when I placed order for my wife's M3 lol
  • But we have to be understanding for people with less mental capabilities like Maxxer.
  • I have a 2018 Model 3 can external speakers be installed for boom box?
  • > @Mike_belloli_98176695 said:
    > I have a 2018 Model 3 can external speakers be installed for boom box?

Here is a good discussion about it here, https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/external-speaker-retrofit-to-enable-boombox-on-2018-car.216217/
  • Flag vs Abuse...

I usually read forums, don't post much, so not usually logged in. When logged in, and needing to flag a spam message, I noticed there is quote | like | flag.

So a few questions. First, what is Flag vs Abuse (original post has Abuse). Is it the same?
    Second, when flagging a bunch of junk posts about mp3, it is proper or rude to flag a non-spam member who is reminding us to flag? Because, if the flag posts get removed, we are left with a message that just says flag.

Anyway, thanks for some guidance on this.
  • > @"Doug n Evie" said:
    > Flag vs Abuse...
    >
    > I usually read forums, don't post much, so not usually logged in. When logged in, and needing to flag a spam message, I noticed there is quote | like | flag.
    >
    > So a few questions. First, what is Flag vs Abuse (original post has Abuse). Is it the same?
    > Second, when flagging a bunch of junk posts about mp3, it is proper or rude to flag a non-spam member who is reminding us to flag? Because, if the flag posts get removed, we are left with a message that just says flag.
    >
    > Anyway, thanks for some guidance on this.

There is no guidance and everyone follows their own thoughts on the subject. Just do what you think is right.
  • Are there supercharge locations I can use for my model 3 that are not Tesla? Thank you
  • @tantien - Generally no. Superchargers 99.9% of Superchargers are owned and built by Tesla. There are many L2 charge points and Tesla destination chargers. All these appear on the in-car map. You can buy a CHAdeMO adapter and get up to 50 kW charging, but many CHAdeMO offers less than 50 kW connections.

I'm aware of two private Supercharger locations - one in Lanai, Hawaii, and one in the middle east. These were privately paid for, but the equipment and installation were bought from Tesla. I don't think they allow other Tesla users to use those stations, but I doubt you would need either of those locations.
  • This is just to lobby for a supercharger station in Grayling, MI. If there is another place this should be posted, let me know. Grayling is a hub for winter and summer outdoor sports. It would be great to be able to charge-up for the trip home from there, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.