Colorado

How to claim two EV tax credits?

edited November -1 in Colorado
I'm using Turbotax Deluxe and was able to enter my Model S easily and get the credit. But there's no function to add a second vehicle! Does anyone know how to do this in Turbotax? Thanks.

Comments

• edited February 2016
    I have TurboTax Premier, but it should work for you too. Click on "Topic List", look under "Deductions & Credits" for "Energy-Efficient Cars" and double click on that topic. You should now be on "Energy-Efficient Vehicle Summary" and see your first car. There should be a button that says "Add Another Energy-Efficient Vehicle". Click on that and you should be good to go.
  • edited February 2016
    And if you are not close to AMT limits, you can also deduct the cost of installing your chargers. IE whether you put in HPWC or just NEMA 14-50, its deductible but only if you are not close to the AMT limits.
  • edited February 2016
    Agree with Suinn. I'm using TT Premier. After entering the info for my MS, there was an "Add another Vehicle?" similar to prompts for adding additional 1099s or W2s.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry I wasn't clear - I'm talking about the Colorado Innovative credit, not the Federal credit.
  • edited February 2016
    I don't see a way TurboTax can add another vehicle for the CO credit. My guess is that you will have to file the CO return the old fashion paper way. Report a bug to TurboTax for them to fix.
  • edited February 2016
    Yep, I basically did everything in Turbotax and printed it out (but didn't file), then filed Colorado online at Colorado Revenue's website. They easily let you add multiple vehicles on the DR 0617 form. Thanks! Done and done. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Related question...
    Currently working through Turbotax and up to the Colo info input. Under Business and Investment Credits, there's a listing for Alternative Fuel Refueling Credit Carryover, but I don't see a spot to input cost of a new charging station for 2015. is this something that was eliminated, or is there a way to get a Colo credit for charging station expenses?
  • edited February 2016
    Never mind. Found the answer. Credit was eliminated in 2011