Model 3

Please Read First Before Posting On The Forums

Comments

• Thanks for the update. I had a mobile technician come to my house today and he did a more extensive walk through - which was great. He also, by chance, had a 14-30 adapter for me - so I'm totally set! In the future, people who are stuck like me, can check with the mobile technician folks....
  • I am planning on purchasing a Model 3 but I am concerned because I live remotely with an off-grid solar system. I have a 1,100ah battery bank and they are usually fully charged by about 2:30pm. I have two Outback 48vdc inverters putting out 60amps at 110vac with an auto transformer which puts out 240vac (25amp per leg). Can anyone tell me if I will be able to charge the Model 3 with this system?
  • I am planning on purchasing a Model 3 but I am concerned because I live remotely with an off-grid solar system. I have a 1,100ah battery bank and they are usually fully charged by about 2:30pm. I have two Outback 48vdc inverters putting out 60amps at 110vac with an auto transformer which puts out 240vac (25amp per leg). Can anyone tell me if I will be able to charge the Model 3 with this system?
  • > @trwolff4354 said:
    > I am planning on purchasing a Model 3 but I am concerned because I live remotely with an off-grid solar system. I have a 1,100ah battery bank and they are usually fully charged by about 2:30pm. I have two Outback 48vdc inverters putting out 60amps at 110vac with an auto transformer which puts out 240vac (25amp per leg). Can anyone tell me if I will be able to charge the Model 3 with this system?

First of all you are posting in this read first thread and that's not the place if you want a response. You need your own thread with a proper title.
  • Need to make sure the system has a solid ground. If it can charge Model 3, it will accept the charge.
  • Service is extremely poor. No contact on weekends and after reporting a safety and security issue, they scheduled an appointment two weeks later. Was told it would be 2 to 3 hours for work. The morning of appointment got message that because of heavy business it could be over two days before they even look at the problem. Then when dropping off the vehicle was told it could be 3 to 4 days to get to it. This would take to the weekend that could add days and mean the 2-3 hour job required one week. They do not provide loaner cars but give limited Uber credit and not every one has an Uber account. In over 60 years of owning automobiles I never saw such poor service and disregard for customers and I am a stock holder. Not sure how long and considering changing to a more reliable manufacturer. Driver safety and security are low concerns.
  • Cool story
  • Apologies but over 60 years driving tells me why their system may be frustrating to you. That’s too bad. The time for service is no different from what we have experienced in the past with Nissan or Toyota. The fact you couldn’t get it serviced on your time frame honestly says more about you than them. They are busy. As a stock holder that should excite you! So you have to wait to service your car. Your options are pretty limited. Wait or give up the car. Their length of time also has zero to do with the quality of work. It also has zero to do with how friendly and professional they are. So again, you have to wait. Nothing new to the car industry. Im well over 50, but I learned how to set up an Uber account. It’s not hard. Takes a minute on your phone. And the credits will be given as long as you need them. Not limited.
    It’s a new paradigm, and they’ve been making cars for less than a decade. I think they are doing amazingly well on all fronts.
  • “It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able to adapt to and to adjust best to the changing environment in which it finds itself.”
    From a 1963 speech delivered by Louisiana State University business professor Leon Megginson
  • > @Txvo3030_98320195 said:
    > Service is extremely poor. Not sure how long and considering changing to a more reliable manufacturer.

Sorry to hear about your service issues and the delays. Tesla is not a mature car company with established services especially in new markets. Curious where you are located? Was there not an option for mobile service to come to you? If you are dependent on a single vehicle it might not have been the best choice. Good luck with the repairs and hopefully you won’t need service often.
  • Howard is not sorry about anything. He is here simply to play anti Tesla narrative just like FishTroll
  • I am sorry to hear about your bad service experience. I have had 2 services already and both were a breeze.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > I am sorry to hear about your bad service experience. I have had 2 services already and both were a breeze.

It's too bad you have already needed 2 services on your new Tesla. Glad to hear you were able to get yours resolved quickly unlike Txvo3030 has experienced. Best of wishes for a trouble-free future.
  • It's too bad Howard that you don't pay attention that Andy bought used Tesla.
  • Its not new, it is a used tesla. Im not really upset about needing service, one was a wheel baring replaced under warranty. Other was door trim peeling away in which clips were replaced at no cost. Great results so far.

I worked from home the first half of the day as the mobile service replaced the door trim clips. Cant get much easier than that.
  • Can Homelink be added after market?
  • My email is [email protected] Somehow my email got into the Tesla app with an extra "j" at the beginning and I have not been able to change it.

On a different topic, I scheduled a service appointment to get some software loaded that aborlted when it tried to load. To my great surprise, he technician is coming to my house!

I love the Model 3; it is the most fun to drive since I bought a BMD 2000ti in Germany.

Joe Gill
  • > @jjoelelandgill_98738693 said:
    > Can Homelink be added after market?
    >

Sure just buy or use the clickers that came with your garage door.
  • Got my 2020 M3P last week and have already added a lot of aftermarket parts. Unfortunately also put a dent just above the rear driver side wheel. I almost cried but hopefully I can find a good paintless dent remover. It is the sleeper version to say, doesn't have the red calipers, spoiler, lowered, and has 18" wheels with aero hubcaps. Man these cars are fun and amazing to drive. I do however hate the quality assurance Tesla has neglected with their cars though. Mine does have questionable gaps, and rear doors stick out a bit when there are closed, but I can live with that. Hope to learn alot on here
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > I am sorry to hear about your bad service experience. I have had 2 services already and both were a breeze.

You had to replace upper control arm and what else?
  • door trim clips replaced. initially they were going to replace the whole thing but the mobile service guy replaced the clips and charged me nothing.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > door trim clips replaced. initially they were going to replace the whole thing but the mobile service guy replaced the clips and charged me nothing.

Did your rocker panels get loose too?
  • dont know what that is. it was the interior portion between the front and rear door where the seatbelt feeds into.
  • @andy_connor_e, did you ask for reason why it was loose to begin with?
  • I did not ask. I realized they were loose when the car was delivered, and since they replaced them for free i really didnt care to pick further.