Model S

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

The T turns Six...Any Signs of Aging?

Comments

• edited May 2016
    @BL-NJ,

Hoping our two year old battery holds up through upcoming CA Wine Mountain trip!
  • edited May 2016
    Vin 77923. One year old on Aprill 21, 2016. Now have 36K+ miles. No mechanical problems. One software problem fixed by St Louis Service Center over-the-air. Original tires. So glad I did Opti-coat. Makes car easy to clean. 90% charge has been as low as 234, but now 238 or 239. 100% charge recently 266. New it was 272. Love auto pilot. The S85D has excellent snow handling going, but must be careful when stopping on snow covered roads.

See some of you at the Custer "Sound of Silence" rally next week. I will be the one with the urb-e. Looks like good weather this year and more Teslas.
  • edited May 2016
    cquail,
    is Opti-coat a Tesla factory option?
  • edited May 2016
    @vp
    No--aftermarket installed
  • edited May 2016
    My Opti-coat done by Chicago Auto Pros Detailing in Glen Ellyn Illinois.
  • edited May 2016
    Fabio's second birthday was this week. We had an appointment for his annual checkup, but delayed it til next Friday because there were no loaners available (not interested in gas loaner). We definitely have some physical signs of aging- little rock chips, superficial scratches, embedded bug pocks, etc. I sure hope they don't find anything wrong- as I am in the extended warranty timeframe, so every little repair will cost. Fabio already is expected to be getting 4 new tires and the $900 4-year annual (due to mileage).
  • edited May 2016
    sklancha - which tires did you choose?
  • edited May 2016
    @angel
    Extended warranty has a straight $200 deductible--shouldn't add up! Some FL service centers are waiving it for early customers.
  • edited May 2016
    @Barry- planning on sticking with the Michelins- haven't seen or heard any good arguments to change. If there is another tire averaging over 35 k miles at the same or. Etter price, I will consider it.
    @Bighorn- it is $200 PER warranty problem. This came up with my first post 50k visit. I had left a few relatively minor problem unaddressed because we were told at the time the extended warranty was the same exact thing as we already had with the regular warranty. When I came in to pick up my car, they were quoting a ridiculously high $$. It was $200 to fix my squeaky window, $200 for a sticking pano, $200 for condensation in my tail light, etc etc! It was a harsh drop from the Tesla pedastool.

Angel
  • edited November -1
    The only sign of aging of the T on the CA Wine/Mountain trip seems to be door handles refusing to present automatically yesterday at Gilroy Supercharger!
  • edited November -1
    @sklancha - I thought they changed the deductible to $200/VISIT. Not sure if they would retroactively apply to those with contracts that didn't say that.
  • edited June 2016
    Michelin Primacies at 21,000 miles measured 5/32" yesterday. Car has been holding up great during CA Wine/Mountain trip.
  • edited June 2016
    I just crossed the 2 year mark too. 63K miles, also with the original 19" Michelin Primacies (although only 41,500 on those as I have a winter set). 5% degradation in the battery and no complaints. Car is better than when I first got it (thanks to software updates and some choice additions).
  • edited June 2016
    My 30 month old 21xxx just passed 45K. Drive unit replaced as was 12 V battery. The car has visited 60 different superchargers in a variety of trips: an 11,000 mile, 54 day cross country trip through 22 states and 20 National and State Parks, many trips to DC, many to Boston, a trip last summer to Newport, RI, Cape Cod, Boston, Northern NH, Acadia National Park in ME, the last trip using three destination chargers as well as superchargers. I felt so guilty about hogging the car from my wife, yet refused to use her hybrid on the theory that it wasn't safe for me because of poor acceleration, that I bought her a 70D with autopilot six months ago, vin 108xxx. She loves it as her daily commute and tells me she uses the AP 80% of the time on her commute. It now has 12,600 miles. This summer we're planning a trip to Aspen, CO, for three weeks of hiking and climbing using the 70D... Love them both, will never drive an ICE again.
  • edited June 2016
    I can only dream of the day I can start to drive my T.
  • JADJAD
    edited June 2016
    As an update, just after my 2 year anniversary, I sold my S85 and got a P85 with AP which will have its two year bday in a few months. Sold my car to my next door neighbor to replace the MB CLS they never liked. Also, repeated the Mammoth trip that didn't go so well the first time, flawlessly the second try.
  • edited November -1
    Looking forward to updating this thread in March, 2017, when the T turns three.
  • edited November -1
    You could update it and say the T is almost 3. :)
  • edited January 2017
    Almost time to kick the old guy out of the house and get a new model.

Just think....TACC, AP, Auto high beams (so cool), brake hold, dual motors.....
  • edited January 2017
    @Run4Waffles are you thinking he should buy a CPO car???, only tacc currently works on new cars, LOL!
  • edited November -1
    No! We love our Classic S85. Interested to keep it for many years to evaluate how it holds up.
  • edited January 2017
    Dec 2014 P85DL all available options not one issue at 38k miles.
  • edited March 2017
    Service appointment for third annual was moved to today. Car turned three March 12.

Plowed through dense dark fog early this am.

We drove a gorgeous Signature Red VIN 108 back home! Much more fully loaded than our car. Limited to 85 mph.

Interested to know what they are doing as third annual services.
  • edited November -1
    Updated title at @lilbean's suggestion.
  • edited March 2017
    Congrats on three years! P85DL, delivered Dec. 2014. Replaced tires around 23,000 miles. Only issue was replaced charge port at 1st birthday (door opened but red ring, wouldn't accept UMC).