Model X

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Auto-close of passenger door when stepping on brake

edited November -1 in Model X
We're enjoying our Model X a lot. So far, I'm the main driver.

However ...when my wife enters the car, more slowly than I, she is startled by the fact that the passenger door closes when I step on the brake. A couple of times, I've nearly broken her leg. Naturally, she's not happy!

Do other folks have this problem? Is there a workaround? Am I missing something?

It seems there should be options for both "door open" and "door close" separately for the driver and passenger sides, not only when walking up to the car, but also when stepping on the brake.

Comments

• edited November -1
    I would keep my foot of the brake until I am ready to drive. Fortunately for me, I am usually the last one to get into the car. I have closed the door on peoples legs from the outside too. Sometimes I simply expect a leg or foot to be out of the way when it is not, and that is with a manual door.
  • edited November -1
    Looks like your a leg breaker, and as such dangerously inept at foot control. Surrender, the driver seat to someone that can manage foot control.

Or maybe turn off the front door auto closing .
  • edited March 2016
    It sounds like you haven't downloaded the latest updates (I'm on 2.14.66). My passenger door no longer closes when I step on the brake. My wife is thrilled.
  • edited March 2016
    vperl | March 19, 2016

NOT funny, sound like want to be a starving comedian.
  • edited March 2016
    SP, jealous again.

Get over it.
  • edited November -1
    This is a good point and could be improved...I wonder if there will be an adjustment of closing the passenger door separately on a future update.
  • edited November -1
    I thought I had read here in the forums that you can disable the passenger door while keeping the auto close on the drivers door.

Is this possible or do you have to have both or none?
  • edited March 2016
    The latest software update no longer closes the passenger door when the driver steps on the brake.
  • edited November -1
    @Farmer Dave: Thanks for that. That is what my DS told me when we got the car last week but I never tested in knowingly. He may have been hinting at things to come too, but I don't remember my car doing it and I think I would have.
  • edited March 2016
    @Farmer Dave my SC said the latest software update killed the closing on the passengers door on some X's. Stepping on the brake is suppose to close both doors.
  • edited November -1
    During the Meet the X here in ATL last week, the test vehicle still had the feature. No mention of a change... maybe something new.
  • edited November -1
    Y'all got me confused does the passenger door close or not when u press the brakes?
  • edited November -1
    Trigger, with your big unshod feet you step on everything. Easy, boy....have to walk you around to cool you off.
  • edited March 2016
    @vperi again eloquently spoken like the true scholar you are..
  • edited March 2016
    Mine does not. Tested it today. Latest firmware.
  • edited April 2016
    I just went out and tested mine and the passenger door does not close when I step on the brake, I am on version V7.1(2.15.16).
  • edited April 2016
    It seems that the passenger door no longer closes automatically when you step on the brake as of the 2.15.16 firmware build. (Mine was doing it until the update was applied, now it's not doing it any more.)
  • edited April 2016
    You can close it by locking the car through the screen.