Model S

What do you use your Front Trunk for? How often do you use it?

edited March 2016 in Model S
Let us know in the comments below.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    So far I've only used mine for games of "Where's the Engine?" with kids.
  • edited November -1
    Reusable shopping bags, windshield scrubber, windshield sun blocking panel , on a regular basis. Quick access luggage when on the road. The funk is very useful.
  • edited November -1
    Frunk.
  • edited March 2016
    Spare tire.
  • edited March 2016
    Other than emergency supplies, I use it to store luggage and various items during trips. It's also 'the' large lockable storage space secured by valet mode, so I make use of it for that as well.
  • edited November -1
    Luggage or spare tire sometimes on trips.
  • edited March 2016
    - Sleeping bag in the microwave area.
    - Storing grocery or take outs.
    - Put in a spare tire for a trip once.
    - Set of golf clubs.
    - Filled it with kiddie luggages on a 2,500 trip.
    - Transported 10 gallons of soup in a pot inside a cooler box.
    - A valet attendant (she volunteered, I swear...)
  • edited November -1
    Gives me a good alternative for loading/unloading in various parking situations. For example, the option of parking back-in while grocery shopping. I like that. Useful extra capacity for longer trips. Value the option of having a "messy load" (with the liner) option, since I wouldn't want to put things that are messy/likely to spill in the passenger compartment.
  • edited November -1
    For daily use, I use it for some additional charging cable that ironically I don't need on a daily basis. For travelling with the family, it's used as additional cargo space for a big sports bag and our hiking boots.
  • edited March 2016
    I keep my quadcopter in there. The box fits really snugly and I'm just waiting for the chance to get some great video of the car. :-)
  • edited March 2016
    Dry cleaning pickup/dropoff every 2 weeks. FYI Could be replaced by interior coat hooks. :-)

I also keep a stuffed squirrel in a hamster wheel which I describe to newbies as my spare motor. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Packages I want to leave in the car when shopping at several sites. Best secure site for us. Would use it much more if it was more convenient to open and close without fear of damaging the front latch area!
  • edited November -1
    Smaller packages/cargo when the trunk is full.
  • edited November -1
    Groceries depending on the circumstances.

Luggage when on a trip.

Other items when I don't want to use the trunk.
  • edited November -1
    Have never used it.
  • edited March 2016
    Full spare 19" wheel/tire, power scissor jack lift and compressor (just barely fits in a S85). But I recently used a patch kit on a nail puncture and it worked fine, so I'm going to ditch the spare but keep the jack, compressor and patch kit. Now I wish I had purchased a S85D.
  • edited November -1
    Haven't used it in 21 months of ownership. I plan to put in some just-in-case supplies for my cross country trip in a couple months.
  • edited March 2016
    In my 85D: Squeegee, cleaning solution and microfiber towels, CHAdeMO adapter, heavy duty extension cord. Small luggage, shoe bag when road tripping.

In my P85: Groceries mainly, fit an entire Costco run last week, love the big frunk. That's one of the reasons I bought the CPO P85.
  • edited November -1
    Extension cord, emergency supplies (water, warm clothing), oh, and my front license plate. :-)
  • edited March 2016
    Carry out food!! So may car doesn't smell.
  • mbbmbb
    edited November -1
    Used it once or twice on trips. Almost forgot its existence because trunk is usually enough and more accessible
  • edited March 2016
    Costco pizza!
  • L3XL3X
    edited March 2016
    Winter: Road salt (for pedestrian walkways and other cars of course not my D) and emergency supplies.

Summer: Traxxas Slash, fits perfectly with controller and charging gear. It was my first all-digital remote controlled electric car ;)
  • edited March 2016
    Luggage and food for longer trips, perhaps 8 times a year.
  • edited March 2016
    One small piece of luggage plus a lap top computer and shoes go nicely in our S85D.