Model X

What do you use your Front Trunk for? How often do you use it?

edited March 2016 in Model X
Let us know in the comments below.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    I use it for transporting purchases and groceries. Convenient, easy access, and keeps everything in place. The hatch in the trunk works just as well, but I can't open the trunk all the way inside my garage because it will strike the garage door.
  • edited November -1
    Will a spare tire fit vertically?
  • edited March 2016
    @brian It would be nice to have a removeable spare tire in the Frunk and let the owner decide if we want to use that space for something else
  • edited March 2016
    I know a spare is removable but hopefully you know what I'm saying
  • edited November -1
  • edited November -1
    Not very often.

But sometimes I have a lot of groceries or Costco items and I utilize the frunk. If I didn't have the frunk I would just use the rear seat floor or rearrange the trunk to make it fit.
  • edited November -1
    Honestly, not much because it's a bit of a pain to open and close, just like the S. Closing is the real slow down that requires two hands. If it were electric, I'd use it for groceries and other quick shop items, as well as my

I will likely keep my tire inflation kit and other odds and ends there to keep trunk clear.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry, the word after "my" was umbroller/stroller.
  • edited March 2016
    Perfect for groceries, lots and lots of groceries! When we pull into garage the frunk and kitchen door align perfectly! We use to back in Subaru, careful not to open house door due to exhaust, I never have to worry about that again!
  • edited November -1
    A rubber floor mat in case of spillage would be perfect!
  • edited March 2016
    I will use the space for luggage when we're six people on a long trip, the trunk won't be sufficient to hold all our stuff.

Definitely groceries. Ski boots and helmets on mountain trips. Humid towels after exiting from the public swimming pool, I hate the smell of chlorine. Tools when I lend a hand to a friend.

Send me my X, I'll find lots of uses for the frunk!
  • edited November -1
    We use the frunk for secure storage. If you break into the cabin you do not have direct access to the frunk. One of the things I hate about traditional SUVs and hatchbacks is the lack of secure storage. In my S, I installed a gun safe in the frunk for increased security. Note that I store lots of different things in the "gun" safe. We will install a similar safe in the X next week.
  • edited March 2016
    Big T.

What brand and size of gun safe?
    I need the same for my X (When I get it)
  • edited November -1
    @Big T: Suggest you do a bit of research on MX frunk access--its a bit different than the MS (yes, I am being intentionally obtuse).

In both our MS and MX, we have tire inflator kit, first aid kit, blankets and front license plates on suction cup mounts.
  • edited November -1
    I have been out of town and the X has been waiting to be delivered for two weeks. We are picking it up on Monday and I will take a look at the frunk differences then.
  • edited November -1
    A Tesla Moab leather bag containing a UMC with adapters, a Tesla tire inflator, small tool kit, gloves, micro fiber rag, mini first aid kit and a blanket.

In the X I also carry the tow receiver if it is not installed and in use.

I may add a blanket, sleeping bag, water bottles and warm coat depending on the time of year or planned travel distance and weather.

So basically I use the Frunk for all the emergency prepairdness supplies I hope I never need and seldom access.

My vote would be that if possible the Frunk be designed and shaped to allow for optional carriage of a spare tire, Jack and lug wrench. I know the high density urban dwellers can call for roadside help. In the Southwest help can be hours away on a 120 degree day.
  • edited March 2016
    I hope that my folding bicycle will fit. It's a Bike Friday New World Tourist.
  • edited November -1
    I did use it for an umbroller today. It fit perfectly.
  • edited March 2016
    I stick my gym bag in it.
  • edited March 2016
    Vperi can put his stash in there :)
  • edited November -1
    Warfin, 200 CT 5 mg.
  • edited March 2016
    Mr.T
    Squirt gun with extra bottle of water.
  • edited March 2016
    Use it when traveling from Florida to Massachusetts. Also, whenever carrying a lot .. Sometimes supermarket goodies
  • edited November -1
    Use it on average 6 times a year
  • edited March 2016