Colorado

The rivets are in!

edited November -1 in Colorado
Just updated main thread on MS forum. If you're going to have a fender bender, now is a good time, as Tesla is currently stocked with parts :-)

Comments

• edited November -1
    YEAH!!!!
  • edited November -1
    Glad to hear it!
  • edited March 2016
    Will you like us again?
  • edited March 2016
    And will you sign up for the Littleton car show?
  • edited November -1
    Woo Hoo Barry!! Great news~
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! Hope the rest of what's left to do to get your car back goes smoothly
  • edited March 2016
    WHitchings | March 29, 2016

Will you like us again?

And will you sign up for the Littleton car show?

Did I ever dislike you? Did I exhibit any signs of rivet envy? :-)

Thought I already responded to you in an email, but I can't make the car show. I'll be out of town that weekend.
  • edited March 2016
    Dang it, you did respond, I forgot.

We in the Tesla Owners Community did not want you to transfer your angst with the parts department to transfer to us. WE have always appreciated you, we want that to remain the same. We look forward to having a copy of the letter you will inevitably pen to the Tesla Parts Manager.
  • edited March 2016
    Is that a Royal WE or are you Speaker of the Forum? :-)

As the Parts Manager, if there really is one, is incompetent, I wrote my letter to The Man about 2 1/2 weeks ago. To date, I've received no reply, but perhaps the arrival of the rivets was at his urging. If you really want to see it, I'll email it to you. I prefer not to post it here.
  • edited November -1
    I always use the Royal "we", even with family. I am the master and ruler of all I survey.
  • edited November -1
    So what was the elapsed time to get the car repaired?

And is there a better supplier of the rivets, or is the delay you had to have going to be typical for everyone?
  • edited April 2016
    Car damaged mid November 2015. Was told by Stuttgart their backlog was about 4 weeks. They'll call when parts arrive.
    Dropped car off at Stuttgart on Feb 2, 2016, due to first delay in parts from Tesla, with anticipated repair time of 3 weeks (which I thought was long, little did I know...)
    On Feb 4, they called me to say they needed a few more parts, after removing quarter panel.
    Hold up was the rivets, on back-order from Japan.
    Received car back in better than new condition on April 13, 2016, so that's 5 months from time of fender bender. It was driveable until dropped off at shop, so down time was actually ~9 weeks.

When I picked it up, one of the guys at the desk commented that they have 10-12 Teslas there at any given time (including 3 MX's recently - one damaged in transport from Fremont, another rear ended on a snowy day only 1 week old), and getting parts for repair continues to be a problem for them.

Will it get better? Hopefully, otherwise the company won't survive. As early adopters, we are willing to tolerate more than the "public." The Model 3 market won't tolerate this BS. I still hear people unwilling to take the plunge because they hear you have to "plan ahead and do research" before you drive long distance.

I've never owned stock in Tesla. If I were more of a risk taker, I'd short it at current levels, as I expect more bumps along the way. EM excels at long range planning, but the details of implementation seem to remain a problem.