Model 3

Do I really have a reservation??????

edited November -1 in Model 3
On the way to a work seminar I stopped by the Palm Desert store in Ca. Walked right in at 3:00 pm. Gave them my info and a credit card swipe and was out of there in less than 5 minutes.

It is now 5:50pm. I have not received an email confirming, nor anything on MyTesla page and my credit card has not been charged. I thought that would have been done instantaneously.

Yikes. Do I reserve another on line? Or is Tesla way behind?

Comments

• edited November -1
    We were told it could take 24 hr to receive the email.
  • edited April 2016
    Ok then. They have 21 hours. :-)
  • edited April 2016
    Check your credit card. Mine took 2 hours to change. Still no reservation email though.
  • edited April 2016
    Same here. Process was under 5 minutes but no paper receipt was given. I did my reservation at the Montreal (Canada) store at 16:25L. As of 21:18L, I still do not have a confirmation email. I have to say that I am a bit disappointed at not having any record that that transaction was logged by Tesla.

I too was told that the email could take a day.
  • edited April 2016
    I felt the same way! Credit card charged, though.
  • edited April 2016
    If the 24 hour wait for confirmation stings, the 18 month delivery wait is gonna really hurt.
  • edited April 2016
    I was also told they would send out the email within a 24 hour period because of the amount of reservations within a short period of time. I'm sure if you reserve next week the email will come sooner....my cc was charged so I can wait
  • edited April 2016
    Keep on placing your order repeatedly until you get recognition.
    You may then even get picked up by CNN.

TSLA shareholder
  • edited April 2016
    I'm slightly worried, I've got no email, nothing on my MyTesla page, and my cc hasn't been charged, it's been almost 12 hours now ....

I'll keep checking and panic in the morning if there is still nothing.
  • edited April 2016
    Did you get a SOLD OUT tag too?
  • edited April 2016
    I think jbunn has miss the point about our concern...

The issue is that a whole bunch of people cared enough about getting an earlier delivery that we lost a half day of work to go and register in a store and most of us have no paper trail. It would have been nice to have a credit card receipt at least so that we know that we had a reservation.
  • edited April 2016
    I have a pending charge on my credit card from Tesla. But no e-mail and nothing on the mytelsa page. The sales person entered the information: how do I know she didn't make a typo someplace or some other issue invalidated my reservation. I 100% agree that we should have been given some physical acknowledgement that we attempted to reserve an M3 in good faith.
  • edited April 2016
    I have a pending charge on my credit card from Tesla. But no e-mail and nothing on the mytelsa page. The sales person entered the information: how do I know she didn't make a typo someplace or some other issue invalidated my reservation. I 100% agree that we should have been given some physical acknowledgement that we attempted to reserve an M3 in good faith.
  • edited April 2016
    @jbunn-right?
    It's gonna be okay folks.
    They were a little busy today.
    You'll find out 'soon'

Still Grinning ;-)
  • edited April 2016
    Update --- As a precaution, because my cc still has not been charged, my husband went online at 7:30 and his cc posted 20 minutes later?!?!?

On another note, is the static model 3 emblem all that we have for streaming of unveiling, or am I missing that too?
  • edited April 2016
    I am watching Tesla commercials. www.tesla.com
  • edited November -1
    Hi Benard,

I didn't miss the point. I was in line as well, hours before the store opened, with 5 reservations to make. I also waited with a deposit down for 2 years or so for the S.

I'm just saying waiting for your car is a hard thing from someone thats been there.
  • edited April 2016
    Now I am really confused. I reserved the model 3 online like others, I see the charge on my credit Card Statement but when I go to "My Tesla" its says "Model S RN......" What's with the Model S?
  • edited April 2016
    Some years ago I recall similar problems with updating and processing orders on the Tesla Website. Obviously still issues. I too stood in line for several hours to get an early reservation. Still no email but my credit card charge says "pending".

I asked the lady who helped me (I was asked to type in my own information) about a receipt. She said I would receive an email. I haven't as of yet, some 12 hours later. However I imagine it is difficult to process over 100,000 orders so we need to cut Tesla a little slack.
  • edited April 2016
    I placed my order online tonight, kept giving me an error message, and then when it finally went through it was just a simple small confirmation box that said something to the extent of "Thank you, your reservation has been confirmed" or something like that. I understand that it may take up to 24 hours for my My Tesla page to update and for me to receive a confirmation email, but I still don't see a credit card charge, and I called my bank and they said there's not even a pending authorization. I don't want to submit another form because I don't want to be charged twice. I too am getting a little worried.
  • edited April 2016
    Nothing on my CC (even pending) but charge does appear on Apple's wallet. No email as yet (6 hours)
  • edited April 2016
    Ahhhh..... It's fun watching newbies discover the idiosyncrasies of 'Elon time'.
  • So Elon is on female time? ; )
  • So Elon is on female time? ; )
  • edited April 2016
    Hi. I ordered online and got the thank you page but it has been 28 hours now and no email or pending transaction on my card. ????