Washington DC

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Rockville SC and Supercharger

edited November -1 in Washington DC
For those, interested I heard Tesla is moving the Rockville SC (closing it) and putting one outside Baltimore at some point. So if you're close in to DC, you'll have to go to Tysons.

Also, the "temporary" superchargers at Montgomery Mall are going away soon. Not sure exactly when.

I understand the SC move, but it sucks. I don't care about the supercharger.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Where did you hear this? How credible is the source?
  • edited November -1
    @Josh The Service Manager at Rockville told my father. I think that's fairly credible. Baltimore SC will take burden off of southern PA. But I think Tyco will be totally over run.

Cross post here, but supposedly superchargers are coming to Laurel somewhere near 95.
  • edited November -1
    I hope Tyco has a few new cards up its sleeve that it will be playing soon. They seem to be currently at or slightly over capacity now, what will happen as more Xs and the 3s start rolling in for delivery and service?
  • edited November -1
    @Redmiata98 That's my concern. I get adding an SC around Baltimore, but given Elon said the 3 event they'd be adding a ton of new SCs nationwide, I don't know why they'd shut down Rockville. It's a bit small with only 6-8 bays, but it is still helpful.

Tyco will be totally overwhelmed. I wonder if it is too late to e-mail TM and see what's up? I will try that.
  • edited November -1
    I e-mailed [email protected] and will see what they say. Probably nothing. I will report back.
  • edited April 2016
    I sent one too
  • edited November -1
    Here's what I got:

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Motors Technical Support, and thank you for your feedback.

I am not aware of any upcoming Service Center openings or closings, so my colleagues might be better informed to address your concern. I have passed this along to the local Service Center for follow up.

Congratulations in advance on your upcoming Model X!

Best,
    Hunter
  • edited April 2016
    @rdainer I received the same message, but it's pretty boilerplate. The Service Manager was supposedly definitive in his comment. This is a case where I think the people at the SC may know the most. Rare, I know, but possible. Let's see what the SC comes back with...
  • edited November -1
    So I asked about it at the social and the guys there confirmed the mall supercharger will be going away but said they had not heard about Rockville closing
  • edited April 2016
    @rdainer The supercharger has always been shown as "temporary" on the Tesla website, I just never understood why they spent the money to put them there if they were going to move them.

Maybe the Service Manager at Rockville was wrong. I'd be thrilled if that were the case.
  • edited April 2016
    @elguapo - here's hoping!!
  • edited April 2016
    @elguapo...so I asked Adam my DS about the Rockville SC closing and this is what he said: I have not heard anything about the Rockville Service Center closing - this is certainly something I'd know about.

I really hope he is right!!
  • edited April 2016
    Just got a call from the Rockville Service Center and they were very adamant that they were not closing at all. They confirmed the additional service center in Baltimore and said that there was a possibility they would move locations but stay in Rockville. They said that they are SUPER busy and reiterated that there were no plans to close. Whew!
  • edited November -1
    oh, and I asked the person if it was ok to post on the forums and they said yes, absolutely.
  • edited April 2016
    @rdainer Awesome! Thanks for running this to ground. I know the Service Manager told my father, but maybe he got confused. Didn't mean to create anxiety! Sounds like we are good...for now!
  • edited April 2016
    Phew!!!