Model S

IT'S ABOUT THAT TIME TO INVEST IN MORE TSLA STOCK

Title says it all

Comments

• edited November -1
    What does a fire with SpaceX rocket test has to do with TSLA stock?

Classic shorts manipulation.
  • edited September 2016
    More to do with the capital raise needed for the SCTY merger.
  • edited November -1
    Stock price has been sliding for a few days. down 10 as of this moment today. If you're looking for a "good" price then yes, could be a good time.
  • edited November -1
    The needs for capital raise for SCTY has been known for over a month. Shorts are betting everything against Musk right now.

It just means that the short covering after Q3 numbers release will be that much higher.
  • edited November -1
    Got in again
  • edited November -1
    A $400mm scty valuation mistake didn't help.
  • edited November -1
    Tpilot
    Except it worked in TSLA's favor
  • edited November -1
    I just picked up some more @ 201.09...
    edited November -1
    Me too.... 200.89
  • edited September 2016
    Bighorn

SCTY is worth less than initially valued. But I thought TSLAs purchase price was locked in. So essential they're paying for a company that's worth $400mm less than they thought.
  • Just bought my first batch at 200.99. Always thought it is vastly overvalued. Probably still so since the lack of profits although I love my s and ordered a 3. I do believe its the future and if Elon can carry out half his ambitions, it could rise over the years.
  • edited September 2016
    Timing the market is usually a wasted effort. That said it is a good strategy to buy on dip when you plan to acqauire a good stock for long term investment purpose. Like many said TSLA is stock you buy if you believe the company will be one of the biggest auto/tech/energy company on the planet by 2025 and beyond.
  • edited November -1
    @TPilot
    I think you've got it backward. Tesla got a discount of $400M
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/solarcity-advisor-lazard
  • edited November -1
    200.79 here
  • SOSO
    edited September 2016
    Yes, TSLA got a discount. But there is a chance the SCTY shareholders will expect a higher price and potentially sue to get it.

A few years ago when another company was undervalued by 100 mm, the shareholders sued to get a higher price. So this may mean TSLA would have to pay more and raise more.
  • edited September 2016
    $200 a good price, waiting for announcement of utilizing supply chain for parts so they can be focus on core competency.
  • edited November -1
    *twitch*
  • edited November -1
    Thanks @bighorn...I thought today was Opposite Day.
  • edited November -1
    I'm waiting for $100. I expect it to happen when the M3 delay is announced the middle of next year, followed by bad press due inadequate expansion of infrastructure for delivery and service (not to mention rivets still on back-order).
  • edited November -1
    barrykmd | September 1, 2016

I doubt it will go much below $150.
  • edited November -1
    You waiting for $100 so you can cover?
    edited September 2016
    below $170-180 seems unreasonable.

I'm not an expert by even the most basic benchmarks, but everyone seems to think TSLA is not a conventional stock with conventional trends...... there are too many of us out there who think that the company is on the verge of exponential growth and a market game-changer and will ignore current financials and bet on future earnings......

I last bought at ~$170 and sold at $260. I think Buying at 170-200 and playing the long game seems reasonable.
  • edited November -1
    I missed out today, but if it drops anywhere south of 200 I'll be all over it
  • edited September 2016
    +1 bighorn
    +1 222
  • edited November -1
    @barry, you'll be waiting for $100 longer than you waited for rivets. Unless TSLA splits 2:1.