General

Possible secretary of education???surgeon general???

Comments

• edited November -1
    Seems the Bankers pick most of the cabinet.
    https://prof77.wordpress DOT com/politics/an-updated-list-of-goldman-sachs-ties-to-the-obama-government-including-elena-kagan/

Perhaps Trump might pick a few on his own?
    http://www.politico DOT com/story/2016/11/who-is-in-president-trump-cabinet-231071
  • edited November -1
    Could someone possibly tell me the profession on of Hillary's son in law, and the business he was/is working and the background and profession of Hillary's father in law ?

LOL

ROFL
  • edited November -1
    Profession? Crook just like his MIL! Lol!
  • edited November -1
    Chelsea's father-in-law was a convicted felon. No wonder Bilkary was a proud Mama. She probably thinks her daughter married well.
  • edited November -1
    In 2001, he was convicted of 31 charges of felony fraud, and served five years in federal prison.[4]

In 2010, he became father-in-law to Chelsea Clinton, the daughter of Hillary and Bill Clinton.
  • edited November -1
    Breaking news. Hillary lost the election. This thread is about Dr Ben Carson who is being considered for Secretary of Education or Surgeon General and doesn't believe in evolution. If he sets the education agenda we will all end up thinking like Van Perley.

For the record Ivanka's father in law also served jail time and was prosecuted by Chris Christie
    "In August 2004, he pleaded guilty to 18 felony counts of tax fraud, election violations, and witness tampering. He was sentenced to two years in federal prison in Montgomery. His eldest son, Jared Kushner, flew down to Alabama every Sunday."
  • edited November 2016
    @sccrendo

Hate to break it to you, but all the crookedness lies only on one side. The side that lost. Donald Trump is a blemishless businessman, god, messiah....
    He will make everything great again. We will all be sick of greatness by the time he leaves us to... Ivanka, who will be equally great.
    That's the dynasty politicians we want.
    Please, get with the program!
  • edited November -1
    @Redshift +1

Now back to the original post. An evolution denier as secretary of education?? Perhaps we should become Republicans on this one. Rather than Ben Carson dictating education policy, get rid of the department of education and allow the states to decide. At least our kids will be able to get a decent education in California
  • edited November -1
    Because common core has been so good for the children?
  • edited November 2016
    @LIlbean. Not an educator so I am not an expert on common core but I hear mixed reviews. But what I do know is that you do not put someone in charge of education who denies evolution. This is not about political opinion. It is fact vs fiction.
  • edited November 2016
    @sccrendo, I'm not an professional educator either. I do have small children and I do homework with them. Half the time, I'm like WTF?
  • edited November -1
    The next election you win, put your people in charge.

Easy peasey
  • edited November 2016
    @vperl. Great insights. But we still live in this country and are entitled to worry how the president elect will impact our futures. He was elected president not emperor.
  • edited November -1
    , gee whiz, glad you pointed that out.

Great insight.

Where did you learn that last year or so?

Your self-righteous knowledge is silly.

But, that is fine.

We allowed your entry, you seem to try to school others, you fail.

But, that is Democracy.

For some reason you dislike the U.S. you may join the Hollywood elite in their claimed exit to where ever.

I await action on their public statements to leave the U.S. to be fulfilled .

They talk big, deliver nothing.

And so it goes....
  • edited November -1
    , gee whiz, glad you pointed that out.

Great insight.

Where did you learn that last year or so?

Your self-righteous knowledge is silly.

But, that is fine.

We allowed your entry, you seem to try to school others, you fail.

But, that is Democracy.

For some reason you dislike the U.S. you may join the Hollywood elite in their claimed exit to where ever.

I await action on their public statements to leave the U.S. to be fulfilled .

They talk big, deliver nothing.

And so it goes....
  • edited November -1
    We should protest to have those celebrities leave. Lol!
  • edited November -1
    Van Perley I succeed in schooling many. Some I fail with including you. Perhaps you are unschoolable? But please tell me why do wander off point?

The OP is about whether Ben Carson would be an appropriate education secretary??
  • edited November -1
    Why are you so anti American, iran, your home is calling you.
  • edited November 2016
    SCCRENDO: If it is any consolation, I survived Parochial school where all the creation theorist brainwashing attempts didn't work. Evolution won't disappear from academia......Wait a minute, what the hell does Dr. Carson know about educating? He could probably do more harm as Surgeon General by ignoring the concept that gun injuries and deaths are a serious public health issue.
  • edited November 2016
    lilbean -
    That's when I decided to move my kids out of public school and into a charter. When I (an engineer) can't help them with their third grade math there's something seriously wrong.
  • edited November 2016
    I can't believe some of you are attacking @SCC because he's passionate about his country.

pathetic
  • edited November -1
    @Frank99, You are so right. Third grade math is ridiculous. Poor kid is is in tears doing his homework. I have to google to figure it out.
  • edited November 2016
    Common core is rough. I know many teachers that are having issues with it
  • edited November -1
    @silver

He has been the target ever since he revealed he is from another country. Some people are after him for that, some others, becuase he defended bb0tin/johndoeeyed a while back. Lots of axes to grind against him eh?

Also, I notice how some of these overtly racist posters are not getting flagged, but just turned a blind eye to.
  • edited November -1
    I wasn't a fan of his defense of BB, but attacking someone is crazy. I was born in Baghdad, Iraq and I attacked on my facebook page by a friend that I helped clean out all his computers of viruses for free. I also lined his pockets with referral money where he worked by sending people I know to work for them and he made $500 per person.

He wrote "You and your cohorts can't burn the American flag anymore". I laughed it off because I know he's low life trash, but I did text him and reminded him not to forget his shopping list for the meeting tonight.

1. wooden cross
    2. matches
    3. gallon of gasoline

:)