Model X

Easier way to turn on the steering wheel heater

The steering wheel heater is off no matter how it was set when you parked. You have to hit CONTROL, COLD WEATHER, STEERING WHEEL, CLOSE. That is four buttons to turn it on every time I sit down to drive (in cold weather).

I know -- first world problem.

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Lol. I was thinking that last night when I turned mine on as well. Tesla needs to send a software update where we can just tell our cars what to turn on so we don't have to do it manually. ;)--
  • edited November -1
    Can you use the app to turn it on before you get there?
  • edited November -1
    Nope. Not the seats either. Definitely a first world problem!
  • edited December 2016
    The steering wheel gets noticeably warmer in a matter of seconds after it's turned on, the seats a couple of minutes.
  • edited November -1
    But so much easier to hit the screen four times than to push a button under the steering wheel like all my other cars!!! Just like its easier for the people in the back of the car to ask the driver to adjust their seat heaters too!
  • edited November -1
    I don't want to sound lazy but I don't understand why my Tesla does not know where I want to go as soon as I sit down on the driver seat. Instead of requiring me to input destinations thru speaking or the nav screen. So tiring! If my butler can do it why not my tesla?
  • edited November -1
    Anyone notice an odor when you have turned it on and left it on 3 setting for awhile? I did, turned it to 1 and it went away. Rarely use it though.
  • edited November -1
    Unlike like the steering wheel, the seats don't revert to off. On startup, they resume where set during shutdown.
  • edited November -1
    Temperature settings and steering wheel heat should be in my opinion tied to driver profiles and dependent on ambient temp also selected as part of the driver profile. In this way each driver could define warm and. Old weather preferences. Passengers should be able to adjust with simple controls local to their seats.
  • edited October 2018
    I can't find how to turn on the heated steering wheel and wipers with the latest software update (12) Any help?
  • edited October 2018
    On V 2018.40, the sterring wheel shows up if you hit the fan then the cold weather button. 3 layers down, but its there.
  • edited October 2018
    Yeah, 3 layers down for heated steering wheel is an unfortunate design decision.
  • edited October 2018
    Agreed! Climate control system/seat heating on V9 is a weak point. Lots of real estate on the MX & MS MCU display compared with M3. It would be nice to be able to use more of what's available. Nav is fine, but I don't really need to see miles of road to the sides of where I'm driving.
  • > @luv2travel63 said:
    > But so much easier to hit the screen four times than to push a button under the steering wheel like all my other cars!!! Just like its easier for the people in the back of the car to ask the driver to adjust their seat heaters too!

> @luv2travel63 said:
    > But so much easier to hit the screen four times than to push a button under the steering wheel like all my other cars!!! Just like its easier for the people in the back of the car to ask the driver to adjust their seat heaters too!
  • How about using voice control? "Turn on heated steering wheel". One button on the steering wheel.
  • I am able to Turn On or Off the Heated Steering Wheel and each Heated Seat in my 2019 MX P100D with the Tesla App under the Climate tab...

(copy and paste this link to see a Screen Shot of my Climate App)

https://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/WONjcONVklzzyW/17292766.0/800/p/Heated.jpg