Model S

rodents

edited November -1 in Model S
How do we prevent rodents from getting into our Teslas?

steve NM

Comments

• edited November -1
    I have purchased a Tesla Model S p85. Love it. But we have lots of rodents (mice) where I live. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to keep the little critters from getting into our Teslas ?
  • edited January 2017
    Secretly store all your cheese in you neighbor's ICE car.
  • edited November -1
    Dryer sheets?
  • edited November -1
    Nice one VA!! Also leave an open jar of peanut butter in their ICE :)
  • edited January 2017
    Don't leave it parked. A P85 is faster than most rodents.
  • edited November -1
    Move.
  • edited January 2017
    From these responses I will assume nobody has had issues with mice. That's good news to me.
  • edited November -1
    Don't know that Mice damage cars, however we had issues with Marten's chewing up rubber parts, we fixed it by smearing sriracha sauce on those rubber parts.
  • edited November -1
    No way I'm asking!!
  • edited January 2017
    I never had issues with mice with other cars, and am curious what attracts them. I can say that the Tesla doesn't have a warm hood for cats to sleep on, or a warm engine for them to sleep under.
  • edited November -1
    There have been a few posts about mice in the frunk but I haven't seen any post since they redesigned the frunk.
    https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/mice-nesting-our-frunk
    https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/mouse-house-frunk

I too live amongst the forest fauna and I couldn't keep them out of two of them, a Toyota and a Jeep but they have never gotten into my Mazda, Audi or MS. I don't why the difference.
  • edited November -1
  • edited January 2017
    I smell a rat with this post.
  • edited January 2017
    Rxlawdude

The punmaster!
  • edited January 2017
    Get a cat
  • edited November -1
    How about a decoy of peanut butter along the walls of the garage?

@barry, you ever seen a NYC rat? They're so big they can eat a cat. On the other hand, they are too big to squeeze into a Tesla.
  • edited January 2017
    I recommend magnetically suspending the car, or parking on glue traps.
  • edited January 2017
    here some advise referring to mice.
    https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/Mice-in-Your-Motor
  • edited January 2017
    We had terrible problems with roof rats and other rodents chewing up wires and insulation. They'd always make a nest in the engine compartment. The Tesla is in the same garage as the old Aurora the rats loved to nest in. In 4 years, they haven't touched the Tesla.
  • edited January 2017
    Rx - yes. That's why NYC should import some mountain lions.
  • edited January 2017
    Just spent $1600 on repairs due to rat chewing wires in front part of my new P100D. Insurance covered $1100. I had left it parked outside and uncovered for two nights. I live in Florida in the Tampa area. Solution....kill rats or buy a no kill baited trap and place it under your car then remove captured rat to far away place and hope rats spread the word. Hard to get at the wires to wrap in pepper soaked tape that is available. Other solution is to make my wife park her Ford C max outside. I was able to hang some rat bait in her much more accessible engine compartment but no action there yet as I guess the rats prefer the fairly closed spaces offered by the Model S
  • edited January 2017
    I thought it would be nice to have some kind of electrified grid to unroll under the vehicle that would only give a mild shock but did not see anything like it available. Saw these little tennis racket things for zapping mosquito so I guess I could put 20 of those under my car....
  • edited January 2017
    Slip one of these under your Tesla. It also is battery operated. :-)
    Rat Zapper Classic Rat Trap RZC001
  • edited November -1
    There is an electrical grid to repel rats. The Scat-mat that is designed to keep pets off the furniture should do the trick.