Chicago

Chicago Botanic Gardens Sticker

edited November -1 in Chicago
Anybody have experience with the Chicago Botanic Gardens parking sticker? Does it work just fine in the lower driver side corner? Or does the windshield block that RFID sticker?

Comments

• edited January 2017
    They usually just visually wave you in. I don't know if the RFID of the sticker is even used. I've been there 20-30 times and never had an issue.
  • edited January 2017
    Maybe you are right. I'll ask at the booth the next time I'm there.

We had a sticker without the RFID backing, should have tried that before we turned it in for replacements.
  • edited November -1
    Croman - guess I should have asked - you applied the sticker to your Tesla and they wave you in? You said 20-30 times, wasn't sure if you've had your Tesla that long.
  • edited November -1
    I haven't -- I had a leaf but the same deal applied. I've been 3 times since I got my Tesla and it was the same deal -- they waved me through.

BTW, I scraped my old sticker from the LEAF and brought the remnants to the front desk area and they gave me a new sticker. If anyone is in the same situation, call them before doing this to ensure they can have a new sticker there.
  • edited January 2017
    I just show my ID card and they scan and wave me through
  • edited November -1
    Seems to work for me.
  • edited June 2017
    Wow, so this took me a long time to finally visit the Botanic Gardens.

Bottom corner of windshield, driver's side. Tuck the sticker as close to the edge as possible. The tag can be read through the windshield - even through the RF blocking area.

In fact YES they do read your sticker every time you drive in. If the windshield blocked the signal, they wouldn't wave you in. Somehow their reader works far better than the Indiana or Ohio Tollways.