General

Almost all Americans want climate change action

Comments

• edited April 2017
    @RedShift (April 6, 2017)

<< Do you ever think beyond what you are told on your propaganda channels? >>

Still some free speech left out there, RedJolt ... !

Learn this though: We'll listen beyond "propaganda" channels when your "liberal" channels stop being Ill-educated, Arrogant and Stupid.
  • edited April 2017
    So it is very obvious that the new Federal Government is ignoring the demands of most Americans. Who do they realty work for?

http://www.livescience.com/58584-us-majority-believes-climate-change-is-real.html
  • edited November -1
    @RedShift (April 6, 2017)

<< When majority scientific opinion goes against you, and there is a huge risk in not following that opinion, one wants to err on the side of safety, just in case. >>

For Goodness' sake, you're dreaming figments, RedJolt ...

There's no majority scientific opinion. For the most part, this climate-change "scientific" consensus has been just government-funded, treasury-milking gangs of parasites begging for their pound of flesh.

Try to do your own thinking, buster! If you can ...
  • edited April 2017
    I see we have the fossil fuel trolls back IGNORING the topic.Sad intellectual capacity to even properly debate and of course stinking up the thread with their bias.
  • edited April 2017
    Part one: 'Deception is our Product'.

Deceiving the public these days is a lucrative industry. Experienced PR practitioners now coerce you through astroturfing and other socially engineered forms of brainwashing to sacrifice your interests for those of their clients – especially those with the biggest war chest – the fossil fuel industry.

Indeed, it was the rise of citizens groups in the US opposing action on global warming that led Greenpeace to discover that these so-called grassroots uprisings were organised and funded by the fossil fuel lobby.

https://independentaustralia.net/environment/environment-display/deception-is-our-product,3942
  • edited April 2017
    @SamO

When we want to deceive ourselves, the job of those selling fake news becomes so much easier.

We are actively tearing down the institutions of these United States. I fear for our future.
  • edited April 2017
    Most of the institutions we laud are either corrupt or more harmful than good.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."
  • edited April 2017
    @SamO

That's all fine, but look here - to me at least, all of our woes are related to increased population. We start caring less about others when we worry so much about our own prospects. Exhibit A is the election of Trump.
  • edited April 2017
    @Redshift,

Unfortunately, population number growth don't support the direct line between it and poor election choices.

A more direct line can be drawn between the corruption of the elites and their total lack of accountability in suffering consequences for their crimes. Obama said he would hold those in power to account for the war in Iraq and the financial collapse. Then did nothing. Nobody jailed.

They HRC, the most "insider" unaccountable elite possible is the democratic nominee?

Sorry . . . Population growth isn't even in the top 10 causes of Trump.
  • edited November -1
    SamO

Search your feelings...you know it to be true!

I am taking a more macro view. Suppose democrats had paid more attention to the white voters in the middle, (by doing some of the things you suggested) they'd have gotten votes, but the jobs would still be gone.
    The jobs are gone for good. No one can bring them back. Why?
  • edited April 2017
    I guess what I am proposing can be thought of as a general 'catch all', I grant you that..

However, regarding the OP of this thread, my statement stands.
  • edited April 2017
    The jobs are going and gone. Elites are blamed but structurally, the need for work is diminishing. The best things for world stability would be: free birth control for all, a carbon tax and basic income.
  • edited April 2017
    I would like one of you pearl clutchers to tell me, who would invest or believe in someone/something that has been wrong nearly 100% of the time ?

What business model would be allowed to continue when you are THIS wrong about global warming ? Only in government can someone be THIS wrong and still be allowed funding.
  • edited April 2017
    You're wrong. deal with it or shut the F up. god, this is tiring.
  • edited April 2017
    RedShift - it's not just about white voters in the midwest, Democrats have been losing consistently across the nation in the last few elections. State legislatures, gubernatorial seats, they are a small minority when compared to Republicans.

The Democratic platform cannot continue to paint everyone who isn't a white male as victims, and not expect to pay a price at the ballot box. When you hear about white guilt, you are insulting a voting bloc that represents 2/3 of the total electorate. Even though not all of them vote Republican, you cannot assume it won't cause damage. Even in very blue states, Democrats took a hit in their state elections.
  • edited April 2017
    Finman - how am I wrong. I am definitely not going to shut the F up, such a tough guy to talk like that on an Internet forum. I agree, I am tired of hearing about the end of the world and continually coming up short. Don't short change me Finman, I want my apocalypse and I want it now.
  • edited April 2017
    Unfortunately scientists were TOO CONSERVATIVE as climate disruption is much woorse as physical evidence confirms.
    Indeed we have a problem, possibly it's self distruction due to factors too complex to discuss, ie. psychological among other factors.
    To think our atmosphere is unlimited is more than foolhardy, it's dumb. The fossil fuel industry is too stupid to realize they share the environment.

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming
  • edited November -1
    The people's best bet is a carbon tax exchange and rebate. Republicans came up with the idea. Maybe with Bannon and Priebus gone, Cohn and Tillerson can exert some grown-up influence. Maybe.
  • edited April 2017
    @massimob

"I would like one of you pearl clutchers to tell me, who would invest or believe in "

You lost me at 'Pearl Clutchers'. :-)

I'm sorry to have been harsh on you in my previous posts. I do request you do not ignore majority scientific opinion, and more importantly, the risk associated with ignoring that opinion. It's up to yo, of course.
  • edited November -1
    @massimob

"The Democratic platform cannot continue to paint everyone who isn't a white male as victims, and not expect to pay a price at the ballot box. When you hear about white guilt, you are insulting a voting bloc that represents 2/3 of the total electorate. Even though not all of them vote Republican, you cannot assume it won't cause damage. Even in very blue states, Democrats took a hit in their state elections."

I agree. I'm just saying the problems of those white voters aren't easily solvable, nor quickly.

They don't want to admit it obviously, but they are just asking to be bailed out. You can spin it in whatever fashion, but at the core, that's what it essentially is.
  • edited April 2017
    @RedShift (April 7, 2017)

<< That's all fine, but look here - to me at least, all of our woes are related to increased population. >>

Apparently, by you, we should welcome a Big War, unless we manage to pare off the excess.

So, what percent of the population do you think we should ship one way to Mars or, say, hibernate for 1B years (naturally, after we deduct the volunteers, such as yourself and Elon)?
  • edited April 2017
    Carbon Tax may be the next step which was mentioned earlier. There are smart Republicans who can't be bought by paper money.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/7/15206346/conservative-republicans-grassroots-climate-change-conservation
  • edited April 2017
    China to take $6 trillion and millions of jobs from the Red States but not from California and other blue States.

https://www.good.is/articles/trump-xi-china-climate-energy
  • edited April 2017
    Thanks @Mike83, great article showing that China is committed to lead on AGW/Climate Disruption action, while the U.S. under Drumpf is going backwards. We should be fully invested and promoting renewable energy instead of the huge backward step to 20th Century outdated fossil fuel energy sources. At least the West coast states, led by CA is showing the rest of the U.S. how to lead on this issue.