General

Almost all Americans want climate change action

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Thanks David. It seems evolution does sometimes revert backwards especially with environmental poisions. I kind of wonder what the population limiting factor will be now with such old failed policies attempting to rule, climate disruption, wars, new viruses, migration, costs, etc.
    Just enjoy one day at a time doing the best one can. I also wonder who will be the next person they put on the pedestal after the old one is gone. Thinking for oneself seems to be a vanishing art.
  • edited April 2017
    @Tesla-David (April 8, 2017)

<< U.S. under Drumpf is going backwards. >>

If forwards is the globalistic, ultra-liberal way of the Clinton Crime Family, backwards is the only sane way to go.

Whoever said liberalism is a mental disorder, was 100% right.
  • edited November -1
    Putting labels on people doesn't have anything to do the OP. Most labeling exists to divide and conquer but it seems that old lesson needs to be relearned by some. I also think nepotism is very regressive for any kind of progress.
  • edited April 2017
    I'm sure Mike83 was all agitated over JFK appointing RFK as his AG. Oh, and I'm sure he was even more agitated over Bill Clinton appointing Hillary to be in charge of his government health care plan!
  • edited April 2017
    Actually I believe nepotism is bad no matter whose label you want to use. It is worse when other peoples money is involved.
  • edited November -1
    @Mike83 (April 9, 2017)

<< Putting labels on people doesn't have anything to do the OP. >>

Nothing binds my message to the OP beside my own decision to apply such a constraint to it. You better notice that, as a rule, each of my messages refers to that part of the target post that I choose to focus on and that I surround with double angle-brackets. Out of sheer respect for the debate and my right to express my opinion, you should abide by my choice of focus and, if you are interested, respond to my arguments.

Your attempt to demonize me for distancing my message from the OP, especially one as ill-worded, elliptical, and unfounded as the one that started this thread off must be debunked as unfair and ignorant of the fundamentals of open forum debates. If you are honest, you should not try to dispense approvals to the forum posters, IMO.

But talking about labeling, what is your dimwitted Drumpf pun but a failed attempt to disrespect Trump and his supporters with a clownish nickname? And to what aim? To promote the bankrupt economic policy of California which is losing companies and jobs to Texas and protecting criminals in unwarranted, unwise, and illegal sanctuaries?

Unbelievable self-injurious narrow-mindedness! California is adrift and headed for the rocks and so are you.
  • edited April 2017
    Not only are you obtuse but you incorrectly mix up what I state with someone else. Why are you so defensive?
  • edited November -1
    Back to the topic after the rude interruption. Americans want action not talk.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/190010/concern-global-warming-eight-year-high.aspx
  • edited April 2017
    If they want action on global warming, how did Trump get elected? I'll tell you why. Global warming was the least of concerns compared to other issues.
  • edited November -1
    @Mike83 (April 9, 2017)

<< Not only are you obtuse but you incorrectly mix up what I state with someone else. >>

No issue.

You and Drumpf's author are of the same litter, come from the same liberal puke, spew the same hate.
  • edited November -1
    There in lies your problems. Generalizations and rude arrogant behavior stem from your fears, ie your inner demons. You have much to learn boy.
  • edited April 2017
    Tell me why did he get elected?
  • edited April 2017
    He got elected because Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania voted republican for the first time in about 3 decades. Trump was the only candidate who addressed disappearing manufacturing jobs. Thus, the switch of the aforementioned states. Global warming was the least of their concerns!
  • edited April 2017
    How is that working out for them?
  • edited November -1
    Government is going to get them jobs? That is a laugh.
  • edited November -1
    No one is bringing those jobs back. Not Trump nor Hillary, no one. Those are gone for good. What these folks were asking for and are asking for, is a BAILOUT. I'm not mincing my words here.

That AGW would be farthest from their minds is not surprising. Look at their capacity for critical thinking.
  • edited April 2017
    Mr. Redshift sir, only a limousine liberal thinks manufacturing jobs are gone forever. Give a friendly business environment back to America (as opposed to the hostile one Obama gave us), Big Biz will set up shop in America.
  • edited April 2017
    @mitch Oh really, all those manufacturing jobs fleeing to Mexico, Guatemala, China... left because of Obama's hostile climate? Man, your free market can tell we are going to elect a black Democrat way into the future. Or maybe it's just the hotair your bias squeezes out.
  • edited November -1
    Most of those jobs left under Reagan, Bush1 and Bush2
  • edited April 2017
    One explanation in one word. Alzheimer's.
  • edited April 2017
    @mitch

"Mr. Redshift sir, only a limousine liberal thinks manufacturing jobs are gone forever."

It's very tiresome discussing ANYTHING with you. Everything comes down to 'liberals vs conservatives', and liberals are unpatriotic, and only conservatives have hair on their chest.

Coal jobs? Gone. Well paying manufacturing jobs (as opposed to barely minimum wage ones) almost gone. Steel? China is dumping, and there is little Trump can do. Please note that I said neither Trump, not Hillary could do anything.

This is about skill set. The vast majority of Trump supporters from the mid part of the country don't have the higher level skill sets necessary to thrive (not jus survive) in the changing economy.

Just hanging your hat on a pie in the sky promise isn't going to change things on the ground.

Coal is being replaced ny natural gas, mainly, and renewables.
    Well paying manufacturing jobs have fled long ago to China, and other places with very cheap labor.

Unless there is a massive government BAILOUT, these things will not change. Creating Carrier jobs at the expense of tax payers, or thundering about Mexico paying for the wall will not change one damn thing.

This is not a limousine liberal talking, but a centrist person who has plenty of bad things to say about democrats too, and how they lost the plot last election.
  • edited April 2017
    We just watched an old movie that featured farm workers and staring Charles Bronson, Mr. Majestic. Quite a different country we are becoming.
  • edited November -1
    Also, learn to give credit where it's due - after the enormous financial meltdown when Obama came in, we turned things around to now, even though you hate to admit a liberal can do the right thing. May be then, we can start being hopeful along with you.(coz, let's face it, first 100 days have produced nothing but failures, we can only hope things get better from here)

Just one note, limbs all bad, conservatives all good - ain't gonna get you any discussion, only derision.
  • edited April 2017
    Also, learn to give credit where it's due - after the enormous financial meltdown when Obama came in, we turned things around to now, even though you hate to admit a liberal can do the right thing. May be then, we can start being hopeful along with you.(coz, let's face it, first 100 days have produced nothing but failures, we can only hope things get better from here)

Just one note, liberals all bad, conservatives all good - ain't gonna get you any discussion, only derision.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry, tried to correct typos and made a double post.