Model S

Free Unlimited Supercharging returning for certain new MS/MX orders?

Hi, just been reading on Tesla Motors Club and elsewhere that there are rumors that free unlimited supercharging, perhaps tied to owner rather than vehicle, may apply to 2nd Q 2017 orders, or perhaps all MS and MX (to differentiate from M3). Anyone have anything definitive on this?
Thanks
Mark

Comments

• edited November -1
    I was told today from Tesla dealership that any order placed before midnight tonight will have unlimited supercharging on any model S or model X and that it will be tight to the owner so if you buy a new model S next year that model S will still have free supercharging
  • edited November -1
    Has anyone else's 400kWh usage / charges disappeared off of their My Tesla page
  • edited November -1
    I just noticed that I no longer see a screen on My Tesla that refers to the 400 kWh annual allocation and how much of it I have left. It seems to have disappeared (got my car first week of April fwiw).
    Tesla will at some point release info on this if it is true. If not true, I suppose they won't say anything. Not that it is a really big deal. I just calculated that the electricity cost for 100k miles of driving at the rate for electricity here in Middle TN is about $4,000. Nice to have, but the extended warranty costs more than that.
  • edited May 2017
    Are you saying that those of us who have purchased Tesla's prior to January 15, 2017 will be able to have free supercharging for any Tesla's that we may purchase in the future? No longer tied to the car, but to our period of ownership. For those of you that no longer have the 400 kwh limitation on your myTesla website, had you owned Tesla's previously? Thanks
  • edited November -1
    I have. My first was a 2015 S85D and sold when I purchased my S100D
  • edited May 2017
    Does that mean that current lifetime Supercharger owners now have supercharging tied to the owner and not the car?
  • edited November -1
    I would trust nothing until we hear it from Tesla.
  • edited May 2017
    @SeaDoc, I haven't owned a Tesla before getting my 100D in April this year.
  • edited November -1
    Ok, just check myTesla again, and now the history section with remaining free supercharging has reappeared. However, it now shows 400kWh remaining, and I have already used some of it. Before today it showed 350kWh remaining. So, this am, 350kWh remaining; later today, history and reference to 400kWh was removed; now, it has reappeared but is now back to 400kWh. Weird!!
  • edited November -1
    @mark.manner

Usually, Tesla would promote a special deal by letting the news outlets know so I don't see why it only communicates the deal to only a few specific customers this time.

If it is true, make sure it is in a written document.
  • edited May 2017
    One member on TMC is reporting back to 400kwh and also refund for any paid supercharging as well.
  • edited November -1
    Why would they offer lifetime supercharging (extended to owners and not the car) for 1 day gimmick even after dropping prices.

Are sales numbers this month that far off?
  • edited May 2017
    OMG! Current owners: open your app. In the top right corner there is a picture of a golden treasure chest. Click on it and it'll show you that you can give 5 referrals free lifetime supercharging. Don't believe me? Open your own app. Just posted! Will post photo on TMC!
  • edited November -1
    I just went to the My Tesla page and it literally says I have free, unlimited supercharging. I bought a 100D that I took delivery of in March and it definitely did not come with unlimited supercharging - I remember this because I was changing it from a 12/31 90D order that did and this was one of the tradeoffs I had to accept to get the 100D.

I wonder if they will credit me back the $12 in excess supercharging they already billed me for :)
  • edited November -1
    I just got an icon on my Tesla IPhone e app called "Loot Box." It says I have a new special referral code that will grant the purchaser the 1000$ off AND free supercharging for life. I haven't seen this before. PM me if anyone would like to use my code.
  • edited May 2017
    So much for no more free unlimited supercharging. Anyone that uses a referral code will get unlimited supercharging (unless they are the 6th one, but it doesn't sound like you can give out more than 5 referrals with your code). Go to your MyTesla page, click on your car and you will see it there.

Is there really anyone out there that doesn't use a referral code? I mean you get $1,000 off your order AND free unlimited supercharging. Guess we are not looking at cutting done use :)
  • edited May 2017
    I just spotted this on my MyTesla page and was just about to post something about whether I was the only one that had been asleep and missed all this. Here is the text that now appears on my MyTesla page under supercharging.

"You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms."

Says I'll be free unlimited supercharging for any additional MS/MX purchases I make, plus up to five referrals getting free unlimited supercharging.

Merry Christmas in May!
  • edited November -1
    When I read this earlier, my My Tesla page had not flipped to showing unlimited, but now it has.
  • edited May 2017
    Confirmed here too. I actually used a SuperCharger once and my page showed I had 350KW remaining of my annual 400KW. Now, just as others, my page shows I have Unlimited Supercharging. I ordered in January immediately after the 100D was released and took delivery in March 2017.
  • edited May 2017
    Confirmed here too. Took delivery in mid-April, now My Tesla shows free unlimited super charging.
  • edited May 2017
    So johndoeeye's 100 plus repeat postings gloating about pay per use was all for naught? I think he owes some people, SamO especially, an apology and some contrition about being wrong yet again.
  • edited November -1
    onautopilot. PM you?
  • edited November -1
    My S100D order's spec sheet changed - before, under "Charging" it had one line for the High Amperage Charger, saying it was "Included" - now it has a new line above that, also under "Charging" that simply says "Included"