Model S

Is there a "Tesla Wave?"

edited November -1 in Model S
We just took delivery of our Tesla last week (love it BTW!!!!) and was wondering if there is a "Tesla Wave" I know there is a special hand signal among Harley Davidson owners, and I would think there should be some kind of sign for Tesla people. I would love to learn it and use it!!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    We are going to need proof from you that you do indeed own a Tesla. We ill need color photos of your driver's license or a utility bill that matches the name and address on your registration, before we can tell you the secret "hand shake"....

Juuuuuust kidding. Typically we just flash our lights and wave. Quite often though, often due to the coating Tesla puts on the windshield, it is hard for oncoming cars see you and more to the point, your waving.
  • edited May 2017
    My version is the "please roll down your window" motion so that I can proudly (and crazily) proclaim, even though I'm in a Hyundai, that I too own a Tesla.

;)
  • edited May 2017
    I prefer the wink

Still Grinning ;-)
  • edited November -1
    There aren't many Teslas where I live, so it's hard to be cool when I meet another one. My last encounter was at a 4-way stop and I madly waved both hands. He did return my wave.
  • edited May 2017
    I only see other Teslas at the Super Charger near my house.
  • edited November -1
    @phillygal, I do that a lot also. I drive a pickup during the week for work. The other day I waved to a model X and the driver just stared at me like I was nuts...
  • edited November -1
    I do it with my foot. I just step on it. Oh no that's how I wave to a Porsche.
  • drpdrp
    edited November -1
    Hey Bill, I'm sure you just "see" the Tesla's near your house and aren't charging....
  • edited May 2017
    There is a nod.

• edited November -1
    Wow, it took 8 other answers before kevin gave up the "right one".
  • edited May 2017
    In North Carolina the peace sign seems to be the standard.
  • edited November -1
    When I first got my Model S I received an enthusiastic wave and honk. She excitedly waved her middle finger as she accelerated past me. I still think it had to do with learning how to regen...or, she just thought I was a rich pig in a shiny red car.
  • edited November -1
    I agree with Akihito; amazed it took 8 other responses before someone provided a link and mentioned "the nod".

I actually tend to get the most attention at times from folks that own other non-Tesla EVs, whether Volt, Prius, or other form of HEV or PHEV. Folks will come up along side me on interstate, give me a big smile and thumbs up or some other type of recognition. Then there are the cars that pass with multiple folks in the car, person in passenger seat obviously looks me over and then person in back seat does the full 180 swivel of their head to look out the back window at me as they go by.
  • edited May 2017
    I'm in Dallas. Tesla's are like civics at this point here. Lol
  • edited May 2017
    I'm in Dallas. Tesla's are like civics at this point here. Lol
  • edited May 2017
    You can say that again.
  • edited November -1
    In Toronto a lot of wavers.....lol.

I never got into it on road but at a supercharger, I've had many good convo's about the car.
  • edited May 2017
    I give a thumbs up.
  • edited May 2017
    HAHAHA Thanks everyone for chiming in! Some good laughs. Love being in "The Club"
  • edited November -1
    When autopilot was enabled, I started doing a two hand wave. But, I'm in California and virtually no one waves back except my neighbors who have a white 70D.
  • https://giphy.com/gifs/PSo42ZFiv5enji2exm
  • Once FSD is available we could do the two-handed Tesla wave to celebrate. Bonus for using the sunroof.