Model X

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Enhanced Autopilot vs. Adaptive Cruise Control

edited November -1 in Model X
For those who have EAP - what percentage of the time that you drive do you use it in your X? From my perspective (and from the test drives I've done), it seems that the Adaptive Cruise Control is the best part of EAP, and is essentially $5K less expensive.

Comments

• edited June 2017
    I use both. The heavier the traffic, the more likely I am to use TACC since I feel better with no computer steering the car in those situations. In lighter traffic, I like the EAP since it is more relaxing.

I use neither in town.
  • edited June 2017
    I use both too, more TACC, only AS sometimes.
  • edited November -1
    I use AS all the time. TACC only when AS not avail. Hands are on wheel ready to take over. I'm more comfortable with it on highway
  • edited July 2017
    OK, I have to follow-up on this. We were told the wrong information by several sales staff. We were told that TACC came standard - it does not. It only comes with EAP. In addition to the sales staff, no one at delivery told us it didn't come with it, and when I called Tesla on my way home from delivery to see why it wasn't working, that guy also didn't know. People kept saying to give it more miles for it to calibrate and start working. That said, we're paying for the upgrade -even with the probs people are still having with the latest, we really want the TACC, and I have faith the kinks in EAP will be worked out.
  • edited July 2017
    Yes, Tesla doesn't have their information sharing down pat yet which can lead to situations like this. That said you've got a great attitude about it and seems like you have realistic expectations.

When I'm using driver assistance, it's 90% AS and 10% TACC. I enjoy putting AS into a variety of situations to see if it can handle it and what it does wrong when it cant handle it. Point being that I use AS in a lot of situations where I don't need to whereas I only use TACC when I really feel the need.
  • edited July 2017
    Unfortunately it is not easy to figure out what is optional using Tesla's website. I do quite a bit of research and it took me quite a while to figure out adaptive cruise is part of the AP package before I ordered. I also didn't realize the front doors on an X can be opened and closed with the touch screen on a non Premium package X until after I ordered. That was a pleasant surprise.
  • edited November -1
    I have make used TACC <3 times in 10k miles. I use AP lots and lots, thousands of Freeway miles worth. If I'm not in AP though I'm driving manually.