New York

Con Edison Smart Charge NY

edited November -1 in New York
Get paid to charge by participating in this program. http://www.fleetcarma.com/smartchargenewyork/

Comments

• edited November -1
    I have bee interested this program. However, the technical staff at Tesla Syosset told me they would not install the fleetcarma device and told me that the connection fleetcarma wanted might disrupt the operation of the car. I have asked fleetcarma to verify with Tesla.
  • edited July 2017
    I received the device, but have not installed it......yet. Has anyone put one completed an install?
  • edited November -1
    *Has anyone completed an install?
  • edited November -1
    Yes. I have had continued conversations with fleetcarma and their ongoing dialogue with Tesla, including the staff at the Brooklyn (Red Hook) Service Center. Yesterday they had an event in Forest Hills (Queens), NY--and I had them install the device. The device was installed without tools. I was asked to try to charge between Midnight and 8 AM, and to avoid charging between 2 PM and 6 PM in order to maximize rewards from the program.
  • edited November -1
    I have had the device installed for 3 months now. The program is extremely generous. I have earned almost $150 in Amazon gift cards in the first 3 months. Install is easy, the only issue I had was replacing the cubby in my S. Mt kisco did this for me no charge in about 5 minutes.
  • edited November -1
    I have had the device installed for 3 months now. The program is extremely generous. I have earned almost $150 in Amazon gift cards in the first 3 months. Install is easy, the only issue I had was replacing the cubby in my S. Mt kisco did this for me no charge in about 5 minutes.
  • edited March 2018
    I installed mine last week. Paramus SC refused to assist, claiming it voids the warranty. It installed with little to no issues and now I am earing dollars to offset the ridiculous cost of the Blink charger in my Manhattan garage.
  • edited May 2018
    How does the device install? Tesla can't void the warranty unless the device itself causes damage.
  • edited December 2018
    You pull apart the panels on the left hand side of the front passenger foot well, below the touch screen. There a port stuffed back there that you fish out and connect to the Smart Charge gadget. Push the panels back in place and you are good to go! The only glitch is that it takes an overnight to initialize. In the meantime, on that first day, you have no idea if the damn thing is on.
  • edited November -1
    For all Con Ed customers.
    EV owners qualify for Time of Use Meters. If you charge from 12am-8am + all other electric usage at those times gets billed at $1.63/kwh vs 10.817/kwh. Only issue is peak rates (June-Sept) are higher.
    I actually saved $100/month by switching

https://www.coned.com/en/save-money/energy-saving-programs/time-of-use