General

140 COUNTRIES TO BE ALL ALTERNATIVE ENERGY

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Thanks for encouraging link on Scotland, one of the countries on my must visit bucket list.
  • edited September 2019
    @TeslaD, supremely beautiful country with good folks. A must visit for sure. I've lived there, albeit when I was a toddler. Visited a few times since, as a teenager and adult.
  • edited September 2019
    I noticed that Tesla is building out Superchargers in Scotland. Does anyone know how BREXIT affects Scotland and if Teslas in the US can work there.
  • edited October 2019
    Wow, we hosted our home on Saturday (5 October) on the National Solar Tour (https://www.nationalsolartour.org/open-houses/814/) and had a fantastic turnout with over 100 people showing up who were keenly interested in solar + batteries + Cisterns + EVs. Nice to talk to people who want to make a difference and reduce their carbon footprints. The switch to renewable energy is underway and expect it to continue at an accelerated rate. We will definitely do the tour again next year. I would encourage anyone with solar to consider adding your home to the tour next year.
  • edited November -1
    @Tesla-David. Awesome. Thank you so much for your actions. It inspires us to do similar actions.
    as can be saie: Let there be Light and lets use it and stop drilling.
  • edited October 2019
    Here is a win for EVs and a smackdown to big oil. Way to go Minnesota!

"Minnesota regulators on Monday stamped out manufacturing and petroleum groups' attempt to reverse approval of Xcel Energy's $25 million electric vehicle pilot program.

The state's Public Utilities Commission (PUC) approved the program in July, and five large industrial groups, including oil groups Marathon Petroleum and Flint Hills Resources, filed a petition with the commission on Aug. 6 asking regulators to reconsider the decision."

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/minnesota-shuts-down-oil-manufacturing-groups-attempt-to-derail-xcel-ev-p/564637/
  • edited October 2019
    but trump digs coal
  • edited October 2019
    Yep, Drumpf may dig coal, but coal is going away fast, and that is one campaign promise the scumbag will not keep. More evidence!

"The Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO) announced on Oct. 1 a request for proposals (RFP) for 300 MW of wind, 2,300 MW of solar and solar-plus-storage projects, as well as an undefined amount for other capacity resources.

NIPSCO seeks to retire the bulk of its coal generation capacity by 2023, and its October 2018 Integrated Resource Plan identified cheaper alternatives in renewables paired with storage."

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/nipsco-to-replace-coal-with-23-gw-of-solar-storage-in-latest-rfp/564427/
  • edited October 2019
    just another campaign lie. He just says what his cult wants to hear. He never has any actual plans.
  • edited October 2019
    Imagine if US citizens bought EVs and didnt need government to step in for it to happen

Imagine if they got solar panels instead of relying on utility companies to provide power for them

Imagine if people were educated and responsible enough to know what they need to do to solve a problem, and did not require government to do it.

Imagine
  • edited October 2019
    I don't need to imagine
    I already did
  • edited October 2019
    Good example. Hopefully more will follow so we dont need more laws, taxes, etc...
  • edited October 2019
    Yep me too!. I would also endorse complete removal of all Oil subsidies and EV subsidies providing a fair playing field for renewables and EV adoption. The tipping point for EV adoption is already here. Anybody who has taken a drive in a Tesla knows there is no better car on Planet Earth IMHO.
  • edited October 2019
    I wonder how may people know that oil is subsidized. If they were to be removed, i wonder if people would realize exactly how much cheaper renewable energy is.
  • edited October 2019
    I found this interesting article on why fossil fuel subsidies(and hidden ones) are so rediculous. Where are the Libertarians who want a level playing field with alternative energies? Paid off maybe.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2018/9/21/17885832/oil-subsidies-military-protection-supplies-safe
  • edited October 2019
    And people get their panties in a wad about the some $3 billion federal tax incentive that Tesla will utilize for people who buy their cars. Hint. Taxpayers get that money back to them, its just funneled from millions of americans to hundreds of thousands.
  • edited October 2019
    Andy if and when the oil subsidies are removed the ICE car owners would know as gas prices now heavily subsidized woul soar to ~$8/gallon. The EV adoption would happen even faster than now. Jesse and Zac on “Now You Know” did a segment on this recently. I will link that segment when I find it.
  • edited November -1
    Did you find it? Im looking for stuff to watch today. Work is extremely slow this week.
  • edited October 2019
    An interesting take on oil production problems; it will become more costly and the politics is eye opening.

https://oilprice.com/The-Environment/Global-Warming/Russia-Scrambles-To-Save-Energy-Industry-From-Climate-Change.html
  • edited October 2019
    Andy, having trouble locating the segment, but found several very interesting episodes worth watching. Jesse and Zac really rock!

(The Impending Big Auto/Oil Implosion Explained | In Depth)

(All Things Tesla with Gali from Hyperchange TV | In Depth)
  • edited October 2019
    I just watched a 5 part series on "Now You Know" by Zac on the Boring Project, and am totally blown away. Elon Musk is visionary and disrupting at so many levels it is beyond amazing. Zac does an outstanding job describing how The Boring Company will one day eclipse Tesla in total dollars and completely change our transportation system for the better.

(1: Boring Company Will Be Worth More Than Tesla)
    (2: Boring Urban Tunnels - Part 2)
    (3: Boring Long Distance Tunnels - Part 3)
    (4: The Trillion Dollar Tunnel Market)
    (5: The Implications of Boring Tunnels)
  • edited October 2019
    I watched all the videos. Thanks for the links!

Part 3 was sweet, anyone with any sense knows this is the future of transportation.
  • edited October 2019
    very good link on oil implosion
    thanks!
  • edited October 2019
    Jesse and Zak also show new SC locations and comments from locals. Really good show where we can find facts .