General

Houston was warned by scientists but called them alarmists

Comments

• edited July 2019
    @Tesla2018. Your knowledge of earthquakes is even less than your knowledge of climate change. And I suspect Mitch will tell us that they had bigger earthquakes 840000 years ago.
  • edited July 2019
    Good grief.
  • edited July 2019
    Who pays for the costs for building WALLS

• edited July 2019
    Thanks @Mike83, I absolutely love Jesse and Zac extremely worthwhile and spot on reporting "Now You Know". We have taken the first steps, haven't been to a gas station for ~7 years, live cleanly with solar paneled home, as do you and others on this forum. One additional thing we do is participate in forums to encourage folks to think about adding solar,and EVs such as the National Solar Tour, which we participated in last October and will again this coming October.

https://www.nationalsolartour.org/host/
  • edited July 2019
    Sccrendo I was off on my prediction.
    It was a 7.1 instead of a 5.0
    Should have made a bet with me and taken 2 points.
    Just hope for everyones sake that was the final one.
    I went through 3 hurricames in a row about 10 years ago and had no power for 3 weeks. At least we had advance notice and could prepare beforehand. You guys dont have any warning or know when or where they will occur. Luckily no one died today. My former girlfriend was stuck on the highway during the Northridge one and said it was a mess.
  • edited July 2019
    “Houston was warned by scientists but called them alarmists”

Yeah, exactly. The title of the post.

Actual scientists are working on earlier warnings for those of us in earthquake areas. And yet you are not worried about what the scientists say about climate change with regards to hurricanes.

Beyond stupid.
  • edited July 2019
    @NKYTA. I don’t think these clowns understand what an earthquake is. They think it is God punishing us for living in California.
  • edited July 2019
    Since @Mitch is conflating weather and climate, love to hear about Alaskan temps breaking all records - Anchorage 90 F.
  • edited July 2019
    @rxlawdude. Don’t poke the bear
  • edited July 2019
    @SCC, apparently the bears are coming down to cool off in pools and sprinklers there.
  • edited November -1
    LOL
  • edited July 2019
    Um, record temperature for ANCHORAGE.

Stop changing the goalposts.
  • edited July 2019
    And?.....

Because it was hot in the early 20th century, it must not be ACC.

Because Mitch got an A in 2nd grade math, he must be a quantum physicist.
  • edited July 2019
    Too stupid to bother trolling. He can't understand that the number of records temps and the steadily rising temps are part of a problem that he and his friends at the oil companies created.

Just ignore him already.

This June was the hottest month on record:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/june-hottest-month-ever-earth-2019-weather-heatwave-hot-a8984691.html

Steady rise in temperatures:

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

Meanwhile, he'll change it again and claim extinguishing a huge portion of all plant and animal species is good because there will be more room for humans.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/07/maybe-were-at-the-start-of-a-sixth-mass-extinction-after-all/533124/
  • edited July 2019
    Wow idiot moronic troll flagged
  • edited July 2019
    When someone doesn't listen to the US government's own data (and they are currently no advocate of ACC), and instead cites a whackadoodle website for virtually all of his "data"...
  • edited July 2019
    I know you guys like to flag his posts, but c'mon. That makes us no better than him and his ilk.
  • edited July 2019
    " I am skeptical of government paid alarmists " - Mitch
    " I am skeptical of government paid intelligence" -Trump
  • edited July 2019
    Pay attention to the ignorance of the WH occupant, who ignores intelligence. If he continues on the current path of destabilizing the planet, we won't need to argue about the end of the world due to climate change.
  • edited July 2019
    @rxlawdude. He is a pure troll and has nothing to add. All the crap he keeps repeating has been refuted countless times and he continues to repost the same crap. He is trying to disrupt discussion of the topic. Just flag him and don’t bother with him
  • edited July 2019
    troll flagged
  • edited July 2019
    Not sure why I am responding to these clowns but the real stupid one that California would fall into the ocean https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/07/us/earthquakes-myths-and-facts-trnd/index.html
  • edited July 2019
    I forgot to add, Don't say Climate Change approved by Rick Scott.
  • edited July 2019
    @Mike83, thanks this adds to and reinforces the Jesse and Zac link you posted above on 7/5/19 ( The cost of trying to adapt to AGW/Climate Emergency will be enormous and more than we can realistically afford. We need to aggressively act to reduce our carbon emissions. Idiots who say we can't afford to act need to get their heads out of their asses. We can't afford not to act is the appropriate and operative response.