Energy Products

How to configure WiFi to my new Powerwall2

I have my new PowerWall 2 instales but it’s not configured to my WiFi. How can I do that?

Comments

• edited November -1
    When you're installers get to Screen #1, they choose to do it via Ethernet or Wifi. If by Wifi, the admin screen (Screen #1 I think) displays all the nearby Wifi networks and they enter in the password for the appropriate WIFI network. If connected then it goes on to Screen #2, which checks for new software for the Powerwall. Many installers prefer to do Ethernet, but I asked my installers to do it via Wifi and he was successful.
  • edited October 2017
    Thanks. I will contact the installer to do that.
  • edited November 2017
    This can be done without additional hardware? I.e., without a bridging device? I guess what I'm asking is does the Gateway function as a WiFi device like any device, such as an iPhone or iPad, and can it connect to a foreign router in a different subnet, just by using the wifi password?
  • edited November 2017
    Yes, the gateway functions as a standalone WiFi host and via that can be configured to connect to the internet via a WiFi enabled router; hardwired to the router or even via its cellular radio.
  • edited December 2017
    Really,, I ,, this is really a conversation,,, I just do not know what to say.
  • edited January 2018
    If you change out your wireless router, how do you reconnect the gateway to the new router when yours is on wifi and not ethernet?
  • edited January 2018
    ditto to FloriaDave's question. Just bought a new wifi router and want to switch things over without having to pay my worthless solar installer for a service call.
  • edited January 2018
    Call Tesla Support. They should be able to walk you through on the phone.
  • edited March 3
    If you change out your wireless router, how do you reconnect the gateway to the new router when yours is on wifi and not ethernet?
  • edited March 25
    If you're extremely lazy, and I am, when I switch out a router I change the SSID and password of the new router to match the old router being replaced. That eliminated the need to change everything else in the house. I've done this multiple times now and don't even remember what kind of router I started with other than it was from the cable company.