Roadster

Founder Edition vs Base Rounder

Does anyone know what the difference will be?

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Sorry for the auto-correct, I meant to say "Roadster." The Roadster 2020 to be exact.
  • edited November 2017
    You can edit your original post and fix the subject line.

I have no idea what the difference is. I might call Tesla and ask for details but I don't think I'm likely to put the money down on a Founder edition so I might not.

The difference I know of is that Musk said that the specs listed were for the base model, and that implies that the Founder series will do better. The other is that you can get the base model for about the price of a Model S, not counting the down payment. At least that's how I phrased it when I told my wife.
  • edited November 2017
    I did reserve a base model. I would reserve the founder edition if not that i need to pay the full price upfront. For people who have $250K free money laying around that's a no brainer.
  • edited November 2017
    i thought it was reservation price PLUS the car price. guess its the same
  • edited November -1
    Congrats, Carlk!
  • edited November -1
    I am jealous carlk
  • edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I know it's s cliche but that is my dream car and it's even better than I've imagined. I know it's a lot of money but I'm willing to live on the streets to buy one, long as I can find a place to charge it..
  • edited November 2017
    carlk you can stay overnight at the superchargers. I reserved a "base" model and looking forward to feeling this beast. BTW I own and have owned a 950HP Ford GT, various Vipers, Corvettes, Ferraris and Porsches, and a Mclaren, and I think this Roadster will trump them all.
  • edited November -1
    Carlk- you can sleep in the X.

Bli8- congrats!
  • edited November 2017
    We have started the process to reserve the Founders Edition - my concern is that the terms and conditions indicate the $250K is not held in any kind of trust or escrow. Does anyone know what kind of surety Tesla offers on the money being held? i.e. God forbid but what if the company went into financial difficulty?