Model S

Default window tint percentrage

edited November -1 in Model S
Hello,
I couldn't find any info online about default windows tint. I would like to know if the Model S comes with any of the windows tinted already? If so what is the window darkness percentage?
(My country regulations do have some regulations regarding max tint percentage allowed)
Thanks!

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Model S does not have tint. Same M3.

Model X has tint on rear passenger windows and rear windshield. Tint level is about 10% (only 10% of light get through).
  • edited November -1
    Victorg-90D, all of the windows on the Model S are tinted. Not like the rear windows on the model X or like the sunroof glass but they all have a green factory tint like most other cars have.
  • edited November -1
    Was told by my DS that the front side windows of Model S were tinted 70% VLT at the factory.
  • edited November -1
    Tesla does not sell a model s with tinted windows according to state trooper in NY. I was recently pulled over in NY and was told just that because my tints look factory and have no edge at all to them. He researched this info in front of me.

when i picked up my CPO from mt kisco, i was told many were mesmerized by my windows because tesla does not offer tinted windows and my windows look factory tinted.
  • edited November -1
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AihnWpuO55swh-pA6FVDDKQ0cd8EaA

i have to heat the windows and peel them off. i didn't get a ticket for tints, but i got a ticket for front plates, but the ticket was dismissed :)

boom! https://1drv.ms/i/s!AihnWpuO55swh-wlTRaDVHpdIEtD6w
  • edited January 2018
    I have never understood people who are required to have a front plate and do not have one. I guess it is because when I am in the car, I do not really care what the car looks like. And when I am not in the car, I am not looking at it.
  • edited November -1
    ...but how did you get it dismissed?
  • edited November -1
    I have many friends in high places ;)
  • edited January 2018
    Nice to have friends in high places isn't it Silver. My current wife is in the justice system and as long as she is in the car wife me I have been lucky. The last stop would have been a doozy. Thank God she knew the cop from court and he let me off. I would have been screwed if I was alone. By the way that has got to be the dirtiest Tesla I have ever seen. Are you sure it wasn't just dirt and not tints? LOL. I enjoy your posts Silver. Never a dull moment with you. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Testing the effects of salt ;-)
  • edited January 2018
    I'll wash it when temp goes over 32. :)
  • edited January 2018
    Yeah I hear you. It went down to -26 Fahrenheit here last nice. Washing a car would make it a block of ice in a minute.
  • edited November -1
    @Silver, My heart stopped for a second when I saw how dirty your car was.
  • edited November -1
    Lol bean!! It's not dirt, it's salt. ;-)

If I wash it it would look just like that in 2 hrs.
  • edited November -1
    "lilbean | January 6, 2018
    @Silver, My heart stopped for a second when I saw how dirty your car was."

"Is" :)
  • edited November -1
    Kerry I did a quick rinse at that self car washes with the spray gun... The water was freezing as I passed. My friend sees my car and called it ice cube :)

Tomorrow will be the coldest day in Syracuse ..
  • edited November -1
    reed_lewis | January 6, 2018
    ...but how did you get it dismissed?

He hacked into the Court's computer.

Silver - don't wash it. it almost looks silver. Fond memories? :-)
  • edited November -1
    I agree barry. It's almost there :)