Model 3

Tesla Model 3 Teardown By Engineering Firm Reveals Quality Flaws Like 'A Kia In The '90s'

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-3-teardown-by-engineering-firm-reveals-qual-1822678045

I'm not sure what to think of this, but some of it sounds pretty bad. Idk

Comments

• edited February 2018
    From the article:

It’s worth noting that a representative for the company told me over the phone that Munro’s biggest automaker clients are the “Big Three.”
  • edited November -1
    It’s Jalopnik. That’s all you need to know.
  • edited February 2018
    @Lane - Does that negate the issues....some of the same issues others have reported, about fit and finish, etc?
  • edited February 2018
    I spoke with my dashcam installer about the fit and finish and he said it is awesome. He’s worked on probably 200 Xs and Ss and he said the 3 is solid and awesome.
  • edited February 2018
    @KP - This doesn't seem like a hack job or sound like someone bent on bashing the Model 3. You're saying that his findings are invalid or diminished because they're on Jalopnik?
  • edited February 2018
    See @Lane79’s post above.
  • edited February 2018
    @Lane - Actually it reads "Munro’s company Munro and Associations is an engineering consultancy known for reverse-engineering not just automobiles, but everything from airplanes to household items like rice cookers, to learn how they work. It’s worth noting that a representative for the company told me over the phone that Munro’s biggest automaker clients are the “Big Three.”

To suggest payoff, conspiracy or influence by the Big 3 seems a bit far-fetched to me at this point. Again, I don't know this company backwards and forwards, so there's really no way to say for sure either way.
  • edited February 2018
    I have now studied three Model 3s in person - looking carefully at the fit and finish, and opening and closing each door, frunk and trunk. 2 of them as sold to consumers and one in a showroom.

I just don't see anything here - I didn't see anything at all that bothered me.

I imagine that the experts can look at things with a fine-tuned microscope and find things that I would never notice.
    If the thumbnail versus thumb thing is true - I would imagine that this is not common and that it would be fixed upon request.
  • edited February 2018
    @lilbean - So the gaps others have reported, etc., and all just fairytales and customers anyone that reports these issues is lying too? There are other issues with the Model 3 from owners (Facebook Model 3 owners group) that are worse than what's being reported here. You can only dismiss and discount so much.
  • edited February 2018
    are all*