Washington DC

DIY Get Together for Car Cleaning Techniques

edited November -1 in Washington DC
This past February I took my November 2016 build, Model S in for it's one year GTechnique ceramic paint protection coating inspection. The annual inspection is to keep the seven year warranty active. While there I had American Shine perform a detailing. The car looks better today than when I took delivery on December 16, 2016. Paint color? Obsidian Black Metallic. Yes, I have one small rock nick on the right front fender. Arrrgh.

While at the shop I was speaking to co-owner Brian Lewis and looking for tips on how to keep my car nearly blemish free. We discussed washing techniques and what causes paint swirls, etc. One of the best tips was when I see something on my paint to not touch it with my fingers. That can cause small scratches even with the utmost care. I was also interested in which product Brian uses on the inside of window glass. I was surprised to learn they use Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine. Brian also said it is a great product for wintertime (minimal cold water) washing of the entire car. https://optimumcarcare.com/product/optimum-no-rinse-wash-shine1

Brian offered to conduct a free DIY get together when the weather gets a bit warmer to provide Tesla owners with the same kinds of tips he gave me. Late May or early June may be a good time for the DIY. The DIY would be held near American Shine in Sterling, Virginia. If you are interested in this idea, please comment. Feel free to include your problem areas or questions about car cleaning. Want to know the best way to clean floor mats? Brian has the answer. Please let me know if you are interested in this suggestion and I will work out some dates. Thanks.

Comments

• Model S is the car which I want to be in Pakistan and to be a part of my all cars which I have in my company, But as Tesla is not yet to launce in Pakistan, I am waiting for the future to come when Car S will come to Asia.