Northern California

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

FasTrak charges

I’ve got the “flextag” affixed to the bottom left of the front windshield as well as toggled to the “3” position but FasTrak keeps,charging me. They tell me there is a “sweet spot” in Tesla’s to affix the tag. Anybody know the location of the “sweet spot”?

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Just to the right of the rear view mirror.
  • edited November -1
    I just throw it on my dashboard but I get an email about proper placement every time I do that.
  • edited March 2018
    What year/make of Tesla??? Model S has had varying good and bad spots. X is better. 3 seems to be working well.
  • edited November -1
    Model X. I also throw the Fas Trak on the dashboard. They seam to bill me just fine.
  • edited May 2018
    I have mine affixed to the right of the rear view mirror, but I'm still getting intermittent charges on the I-680 Express Lane. Anyone else traveling that corridor with same issue? FasTrak suggests moving the transponder to a different spot, but based on my experience with the transponder for the gate to our residence, it won't work anywhere else on the windshield.