Model 3

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Steering flutter

Is anybody having an experience driving when you accelerate and accelerate hard and come off the pedal and then around maybe 50 miles an hour 40 miles an hour get a flutter in the steering wheel? I am wondering if it is related to the more aggressive regenerative braking setting it seemed less when it was on the minimal regenerative braking setting

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Is you lane keep warning turned on? I found that my car was vibrating the steering wheel to notify my of lane drift way to often. I turned it off and I don’t have that flutter anymore.
  • edited April 2018
    Maybe it’s your heart palpitating with the thrill of acceleration....
  • Rdavis thank you—I’ll try that
  • edited April 2018
    @Geoff, I'm with rdavis. The lane departure warning almost feels like your lugnuts are loose. It's so different from the S's implementation, I thought I had a suspension problem the first time I felt it. Took me a couple seconds to realize it was the lane departure warning (which I immediately turned off)
  • edited February 2019
    I found that my car was vibrating the steering wheel to notify my of lane drift way to often. https://www.diebestetest.de/