Model 3

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Must have Tesla Apps

edited November -1 in Model 3
I should be getting my Model 3 very soon and was wondering which are your must have Apps.

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Tesla Mobile app, Plugshare, EV trip Optimizer
  • edited April 2018
    another good one is volta, it's free destination chargers
  • edited April 2018
    If you want to use your Apple Watch to control the car, get Remote S.
  • edited November -1
    Not sure if this counts, because I haven’t published it to the App Store yet, but the iPad Tesla Forum Enhancement Suite I wrote this weekend is already my favorite way to peruse the forums. So pleasant not having to read troll drivel.
  • edited April 2018
    This is a good thread. I also use volta
  • edited April 2018
    @xerogas. Sounds interesting! I’ll be looking for it.
  • edited November -1
    @Elizabets07, yay, I was beginning to wonder why there was no interest!
  • edited April 2018
    @xerogas will it work for iPhone as well, or is it iPad only? If the former, when will it be available? Do you have a description written up for it yet?

I'd love a better way to peruse the forum from my phone. Right now I just use a bookmark in Safari on iOS, which as you likely know since you wrote an app, is terrible lol
  • edited April 2018
    I love this thread!

Question for those of you using it EV trip Optimizer: is there an easy way to modify your departure SoC? I only see it as a default setting in the Settings section of the app, which I understand makes sense for folks who can charge at home and thus always leave with 90% charge, but that is not my situation so I'll need a way to modify that figure for most trips
  • edited April 2018
    4 yrs and the only app I use is Tesla's. I don't know what the others offer in way of practical information that isn't already on the Tesla app.
  • edited April 2018
    I mainly want an app to reliably plan a trip, including my departure SoC and supercharger stops, from my couch, rather than having to be sitting in the car and use the car's UI.

The Tesla app would be perfect, I think, if it could do that. But what do I know, I don't yet have my model 3 and am just theorizing :)
  • I would say the Chargepoint app is probably helpful. Those things seem to be everywhere.
  • edited November -1
    @maintreqd, it works on iPhone as well -- it's a universal iOS app. So far (I've only had a day or so to work on it), it has tabs across the bottom, one for each forum, and it hides posts from your choice of trolls. Tap a username in a thread, tap OK to add that user to your list of trolls, and poof! It also has a nice interface for managing your list of trolls, so you can remove someone's username if you have a change of heart.

Will see if I can get it to auto-login as well, because that's one of my gripes about the current forum kicking you out so often.
  • edited April 2018
    I presume people talking about couch trip planning are aware of Tesla's own online trip planner? https://www.tesla.com/trips
  • edited April 2018
    Remote S is excellent and works on the Apple watch as well as iPhone/iPad. ABetterRoutePlanner.com is the best Tesla route planner I have seen and it shows other chargers, will track your vehicle in real-time, allow you to set up waypoints and much, much more including taking in elevation, and wind force and direction. Far better than the one on the Tesla site. Key for Tesla is an app that allows you to unlock and lock a Tesla using Siri on your Apple watch. Remote S plans to add this support but it isn't there yet. Stats is an app to graphically view your past performance.
  • edited April 2018
    This may be a one off scenario. But I want to take a road trip in the model three along Route 66. Cannot seem to find a mapping tool that will keep me on that road while designating charging stations to utilize
  • edited April 2018
    Steam613. I think goanywhere is the app you are looking for.
  • edited April 2018
    I wish there were widgets for direct access to open the front and rear trunk
  • edited April 2018
    @Xerogas - does it do the Capchas as well? Ha ha.

Though I won’t use your App. If I find something “trollish” I ignore it and don’t reply to it. But the idea of never seeing it troubles me. I don’t like the developing “me me me” internet philosophy of living in a bubble and only seeing views you don’t find objectionable. I’ll read what the trolls say, it gives me insight into their biases. I might even learn something new. You need to understand the enemy in order to defeat them.
  • edited April 2018
    Download sundial android app for real time carbon emissions information from play store or sunergy.org. iOS coming soon. Works well in most states.

Sunergy is a non profit foundation dedicated for promoting renewables.
  • edited April 2018
    I *really* wish ABetterRoutePlanner was app based instead of just web-based. I love their planning tools and customization.

Has anyone used any of the Alexa skills that allow for "get my car ready" type commands?
  • edited April 2018
    I am yet to get my Model 3.

I see that PlugShare app shows other charging stations like Chargepoint, Home Owners Charging, etc.
    Does the Tesla app also shows those ?

It would actually be great if Tesla app shows those or if Tesla allows these apps to be installed in the car itself.
  • edited May 2018
    Have any of you use the TEZLAB app?
  • edited May 2018
    I have had a Model S for 5 years and driven 100,000 miles around the country. I have always used evtripplanner.com. It doesn't work on a phone though, only a PC browser. It is very good at getting the right estimated charge... However, I will now look into ABetterRoutePlanner since it appears to be app-based...

I also use PlugShare to find chargers when I am going places where there are no superchargers.
  • edited May 2018
    Sorry, I read the post above wrong... ABetterRoutePlanner is only web-based I see. I will look at it anyway to see how it compares.