Model 3

How tall an adult can comfortably fit in a Model 3?

edited November -1 in Model 3
One of my coworkers has an early reservation for the model 3. He indicated he may be willing to sell me his spot, but I'm not ready to take that leap for a car I've never sat in. While most people will say, "Why not? I would." I'm on the extreme end of the size spectrum and don't typically fit in most vehicles. I'm 6'9" 300lbs, and can easily fit in the Model X, fit relatively well in the Model S, but with so few Model 3's out there, have no clue if I would even fit in the car.

My current daily driver is a 2014 Honda Accord sport (no sunroof), and I fit comfortably in that car.

Any tall Tesla 3 drivers out there that can comment on this? If you are same height or taller, can you have passengers behind you in the rear seat without mashing their legs? (I can get in most cars but no one can sit behind me, which makes those cars non-starters since I have family. FWIW, my 2 kids are 6ft and over and still growing.)

Appreciate any/all responses.

Comments

• edited April 2018
    I’m afraid my anecdote won’t be too helpful for you, as I’m 6’2” 175#. At my seatback angle, I have about 4” between top of my head and glass. I’d imagine you’ll have an ok time with headroom. The boosters on the 3’s seats are a bit more narrow than my S. It’s perfect for me, making these seats much more comfortable, but potentially make be uncomfortable for you. I’d try and meet up with an owner, or rent one on Turo so you can make the best informed decision. We have a thread somewhere in here with owners willing to give rides/etc based on geography.
  • edited November -1
    It doesn’t work for someone who is 6’8”.
  • edited April 2018
    Booster=bolster
  • edited April 2018
    I'm in the Minneapolis/St.Paul metro area.
  • edited November -1
    There's a showroom in Minneapolis, go check one out:
    https://www.tesla.com/findus/location/service/edenprairie
  • edited April 2018
    In my youth my 6'-8" and 6'-9" buddies fit in my Accord Coupe just fine and they were each in the 400 pound plus range. Of course we were all relative youngsters then, roughly 25 years ago. They have each 'wasted away' in their old age so that they are only 270-to-320 pounds each today.

Quite a few 'Big Guys' have been concerned about the seating in the car. I'm 'normal' sized at 6'-1" tall and 200 pounds. As long as I stay away from 2+2s I'm generally OK getting into most vehicles. There is a YouTube video from this past December that shows a slender 6'-8" person testing the interior of a Model 3 in case you haven't seen it...

Model 3 Seating for Tall People | Now You Know (7:00)
    [ YouTube -- TmD0AkVoYU0 ]
  • edited April 2018
    I'm 6'4"
    Finally sat in a co-worker's 3 last week.
    The fit was great!
    I was concerned about visibility at the 12 o'clock where the solid roof panel crosses, and it looks like I won't have to slouch to see overhead traffic lights.
    Good news!
  • edited November -1
    I'm 6'4" been driving my Model 3 for a month. No problems. It's easier to get in and out of then my Model S.
    Visibility out front is great. Rear not so good, the trunk is higher and cuts into the rearview sight lines.
    But the rearview camera keeps getting better. You can use it, I have to back into my narrow 2 car garage with
    the M3. The rearview camera and sensors provide enough information to make this move easy.
  • edited May 2018
    3'-6" to 4'-2" only need apply.
  • edited May 2018
    You'd definitely want to go to the showroom and try it out. My neighbor who seems to be similar height and weight as you was able to adjust the seat to his liking, BUUTTT there was no legroom for the pasenger sitting behind him.
  • edited November 2018
    6'8" 205 pounds, fit great in model S and X, Today sat in 3 for first time, excellent tons of leg and head room. AAAAA
  • edited November 2018
    I'm a new owner of a Model 3 as of last week. 6'9", 320lbs...and love it. Lots of head room! Ironically, I don't fit in the X or S, the supporting beam across the roof on both was above my head, but on the 3 it is about a 1' back...so lots of head room for me. The Model 3 does sit low to the ground. Once I get it I'm good, even the leg room is good. I just try not to wear boots in the car because they take up too much room. Ironically (part 2), I don't fit in trucks, usually no head room. My previous cars were a 06' Scion Xb (my favorite) and a 2017 Kia Soul+. Though both were small on the outside...lots of room on the inside. But this Model 3 way cooler, faster, smarter, etc. :)
  • edited November 2018
    i'm 6'2 and 275 pounds and i fit in just fine....
  • edited November 2018
    i’m 6’2” and i can wear a hat that adds 3-4” no problem.
  • edited March 2019
    Any 6’7 400 pounders own this car, showroom is 3hrs away the specs comparable to my infinity fx35 which is fine only thing is the height infinity is 65 inches tall and model 3 is 57 a good 8 inches lower, maybe 19 inch wheels and a3 inch lift kit could raise it 62in
  • edited March 2019
    @rjw depends on where you get your height...if you are long waisted you may not have much headroom. Getting in and out may also be an irritant as you have noted how low it sits.

I may have the older seats, and they are very comfortable for me (5'11 190). But I can not imagine they would be comfortable for someone with really broad shoulders like I can imagine for you. In the shoulder area the seat curls around my torso and I fit fine. But if I had really broad shoulders my torso weight would be resting on the outside bulges of those seats and be uncomfortable. Where do you live? There may be folks who live near you that would be willing to meet up and let you try out the seats.
  • edited March 2019
    If your kids grow to your height or taller, they may have a hard time fitting in the back seat. My son, who is 6'4", still fits OK, but has only a couple of inches of clearance to the glass roof.
  • edited March 2019
    Not sure why this thread came back to life but...I am 6'5" and 230 lbs with fairly broad shoulders. I fit decently in a 3. In fact, it is the most comfortable car I have ever driven consistently. Of course, it sits low so my knees are above me a bit when driving but that is on almost every car. Also, if the doors cannot open fully it is a bit of a challenge getting in and out but not too bad. The "new" easy entry function really helps. I know I sound a bit wishy-washy but in the end, love my 3 and looking forward to my first 300 mile road trip in 2 or 3 weeks. Have a nice day.
  • edited March 2019
    "One of my coworkers has an early reservation for the model 3. He indicated he may be willing to sell me his spot,..." When did reservations became transferable? Most of the info is that they are not.
  • edited March 2019
    Cars are available for anyone, no reservation needed