Model S

Unknown Error when connecting with iPhone app

edited November -1 in Model S

Comments

• This morning I am getting an unknown error when using the Tesla iPhone app. Is anyone else having issues with their mobile app? I tried logging out and now cannot log back in as it says there is an issue with my Tesla product. I see my car in my Tesla online account so online site is working.

I have had my car for 3 weeks and have multiple issues, such as cold reboot not working, Bluetooth and WiFi not working, AC not cooling when using recycle. Do I have a lemon or are these normal issues that others are seeing with their 2018 Model S? I did a cold reboot this morning and the app still doesn’t work. Very disappointed so far. Calling service takes forever to get someone to call me back -as long as 5 days!
  • edited April 2018
    I have a 2017 MS 75D using 2018.10 and this has been an off and on problem for me. It’s a minor annoyance, but as long as it’s still winter I want to connect to the car and warm it up. Also, I was on vacation a few weeks ago with the car plugged in in my attached garage, and 8 lost touch with the car for about 5 days.

It’s impossible to tell if this is an app issue or a car connectivity issue.

Not a big problem for me, I love the car, but it should work perfectly.
  • edited November -1
    No access with ANDROID for me today. Either get a network timeout, "cannot retrieve your data" or something like this. Restarted the phone, but no joy.
  • edited November -1
    It does seem to be a larger issue. My tesla app was showing that it had not connected since yesterday when I opened the app today. However, the status of the car had not changed since the day before. Today it just kept timing out, saying that it could not connect. I finally logged out and attempted to sign back in. When I sign in I get an immediate message that the sign-in failed, and to check the internet connection. I have confirmed that there is no issue with my internet connection.
  • Same problem here with iPhone.
  • edited November -1
    Same here... Outage
  • edited April 2018
    Same here.
  • edited April 2018
    Not just phone app, but not able to connect via VisibleTesla on my laptop and have seen others make similar comments about TeslaFi. Something must be up on Tesla server side as not tied to cellular provider.
  • edited April 2018
    Same problem. iPhone says "Check internet connection." It's good. Logged out of the app and can't log back in. Plus, I can't unlock the charge port so I can't drive anywhere, which I need to do.
  • edited April 2018
    Hold the back of your fob until the charge port unlocks
  • edited April 2018
    Why would the charge port be locked if the server connections are out? Does it authenticate or something?
  • Have the same problem.
  • edited November -1
    According to this AT&T has a major outage.

http://downdetector.com/status/att/map/
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks, guys. I actually got in and unlocked the charge port from the touch screen. Didn’t know I could use the fob; have used it for the trunk, frunk and doors only. Still on the learning curve. Got it March 26 and love it.
  • edited April 2018
    I get the message “Server is under maintenance. Please try again later.”
  • edited April 2018
    7pm in Chicago, I’m still down too. Couldn’t get summon to work either. That’s happened a couple times before. Could be just me.
  • edited November -1
    Bankwupt?
  • edited April 2018
    As of 10 PM EST, it says "temporary maintenance please try again later."
  • edited April 2018
    Not only can I not connect with the phone app, but the supercharger status seems screwed up too. This morning I drove past two of them - Concord, CA and Napa, CA and neither one had the total number of stalls even listed. I drove back by both of them later - Napa said 4 of 8 available so I pulled in. There was only one available so since I didn't really need a charge (just wanted a soda from the c-store there) I only stayed for the time it took to get a soda. When I came out there were two cars waiting and it still said 4 of 8 available. Then past Concord, CA again and I pulled in to see (it is on the way home) and it said 8 of 19 available but there were actually only 2. Usually these two locations are very accurate - I drive by them a lot and have a habit of checking the display in the car and visually confirming as I go by (no idea why I do that) and it is normally right on.
  • edited November -1
    “Server is under maintenance. Please try again later.” since this morning in SF bay area.
  • edited April 2018
    Down whole day. Ofcourse Musk can't be bothered to tweet this critical info... - I was blaming my iPhone and AT&T and was about to go try rebooting my car.
  • edited April 2018
    I had same "maintenance" alert all day, but it is back up running perfectly as of 2200 PDT.
  • edited April 2018
    Down again
  • edited April 2018
    Yep it’s Busted again.