Model S

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Software Update

edited November -1 in Model S
Trying to determine if my car has received the newest update. I have a 2017 ModelS 90D. What should the version number be for the newest software for this car?

Comments

• edited November -1
    That's impossible to say. Updates happen over at least a months time and different cars get different updates. Tell us what you have now.
  • edited January 2020
    TeslaFi has FW data by model, I believe.
  • edited January 2020
    Stats for Tesla app shows your firmware version, all firmware versions, and distribution among the app’s users.
  • edited November -1
    Bin5YJSA1E20HF183628
    Version 2019.32.11.1 d39e85a
  • edited January 2020
    Oops VIN
  • edited November -1
    Oops VIN
  • edited January 2020
    Need to do a couple of things to make sure you get updates as soon as they're available for your car. First, park where you have both cellular and WiFi coverage, and second, make sure the software update setting is Advanced on the Controls > Software screen.
  • edited November -1
    2019.40.50.7 is the latest, I believe. I got it on 2019.12.31
  • edited November -1
    Umm, I guess you need the link if you're posting VINs
    https://teslafi.com/firmware/
  • edited January 2020
    I don't see 40.50.7 on ev-fw.com. And my 8/17 S100D hasn't gotten it yet.
  • edited January 2020
    So your 2017 90D is likely an early 2017 built vehicle (they were selling the 100D later in the year along with my Sept. 2017 S75 from what I remember). This would likely place it in the HW2 category (where mine is HW2.5 as the post August 2017 builds have 2.5). I'm still on 2019.40.2.1 which seems to be pretty common for this vintage of vehicle. Yours is definitely not up to the latest for that vehicle as it should be at least on the 2019.40.2.x series and not the 2019.32.x series.

Although TeslaFi shows one or two of my model vehicles have gotten the 2019.40.50.x series, most have not - maybe due to MCU 1 (which you have as well). Certainly my Wife's model 3 (which sits right next to my S in the garage on the same WiFi) has already gotten 3 different versions of the 2019.40.50.x series. Both of us are set on "advanced" for updates.
  • edited January 2020
    Our 2018 MX got 2019.40.50.7 yesterday.
  • edited January 2020
    @jerry: Nothing to do with MCU1, as many MCU1 cars have gotten the update.
  • RARRAR
    edited January 2020
    It is AP 2.0 vs. 2.5.
  • edited November -1
    @RAR: Some HW2 cars have received the update, so that's not it either. I think even some HW1 cars have gotten it, but I might be wrong about that one.
  • RARRAR
    edited January 2020
    @EVRider Yes, a few cars with HW 2.0, HW1 and even no autopilot have received the update. But the % is under 5%. HW2.5 and 3.0 are both over 70%. So my expectation is that it will be a while before I get it (HW 2.0). Per https://teslafi.com/firmware/ as referenced by Bighorn.
  • edited January 2020
    @RAR It seems like Teslafi represents only a subset of the total vehicles that have received the updates as it is a paid service. For example, a total of 3,700 Model S and X contribute to their data collection out of a total of about 10,300 vehicles they have collected data. So, about 6,600 M3 cars contribute to their data. I just checked and close to 26% of the S and X have received 50.7 and 74% of M3 have received the same updates. I did not sign up when I had my S75 in Dec 2017. However, when I bought my S100D in Dec 2018 I signed up with TeslaFi only in April of 2019. So, my car was part of their stat only after that.
    Also, only recently TeslaFi started to sub-categorize the M3 cars.
  • edited November -1
    @RAR: Only a small percentage of the cars tracked by TeslaFi are identified as HW2 or earlier, so the % of cars receiving a particular update has to be interpreted accordingly. About 60% of all cars tracked by TeslaFi have an unknown HW configuration.

The point is that at least some cars in every configuration tracked by TeslaFi have received 40.50.x, so it's going to everyone regardless of configuration. I don't know how Tesla decides when to make an update available for your car, but in this case I don't think it's based on HW configuration.
  • edited January 2020
    Also got 2019.40.50.7 on 12/31/19. Awaiting 2020.1.x.....
  • edited January 2020
    anyone else have their voice commands rendered inoperative since upgrading to V.10 software? VC hasn't worked since I updated 3 weeks ago.
  • edited January 2020
    @richardgoodspot Call Tesla-they have people helping out for technical problems again. 1 (877) 798-3752 Congrats TSLA.
  • edited January 2020
    After I updated our MS100D, AP 2.5 to 2018.40.50.7 Our voice commands stopped working. A Tesla support rep talked me off the ledge but her "fix" did not work immediately. It did correct the issue the next day. I was told that another owner had a similar delayed fix but most work immediately.
  • edited January 2020
    "A Tesla support rep talked me off the ledge but her "fix" did not work immediately. It did correct the issue the next day."

And what was this fix?
  • edited November -1
    where was the ledge?
  • edited January 2020
    BlufftonBob, sort of proper impolite to leave people hanging with announcing a fix that many would like to know, and then not tell people.