General

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Is the Porsche Taycan better than a Tesla?

find out
https://youtu.be/h8Ll2vTn0sA

Comments

• Marques Brownlee would take the Porsche Taycan if they had a supercharger network established like Tesla https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAZX9p2oGOg
  • "Porsche Taycan Turbo Owner Completes Epic 11,000-Mile Road Trip"

https://insideevs.com/news/404931/porsche-taycan-turbo-road-trip/
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > "Porsche Taycan Turbo Owner Completes Epic 11,000-Mile Road Trip"
    >
    > https://insideevs.com/news/404931/porsche-taycan-turbo-road-trip/

I went on 4 road trips with a 200 miles car, not fun in the cold adirondacks mountains during the night
  • > @Teslionaire said: > I went on 4 road trips with a 200 miles car, not fun in the cold adirondacks mountains during the night.

Porsche driver didn't have that issue on his 11,000 mile cross country, North South trip in Canada in Canadian Winter. Apparently the Porsche heater works great.

And that was close to a year ago, hundreds of fast DC chargers are going in all the time. The older 50kW EVgo's have a Chademo and CCS adapter so the charging infrastructure is there now.

As some of the MachE buyers have noticed N/S Dakota, Wyoming and most of rural Minnesota are EA dead zones, 0.005% of US population.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > "Porsche Taycan Turbo Owner Completes Epic 11,000-Mile Road Trip"

11,000 miles is quite a letdown relative to your earlier claim that the Taycan owner was able to circumnavigate North America.

https://i.imgur.com/4lMv989.png
  • edited October 2020
    > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:

> 11,000 miles is quite a letdown relative to your earlier claim that the Taycan owner was able to circumnavigate North America.

Sorry you feel let down. Like the writer, everyone else thought it was EPIC. Sour grapes?
  • ash tray?!?! no proper regen??!?! fake engine noise?!?! no thanks?!?!
  • edited October 2020
    > @FISHEV said:
    > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    >
    > > 11,000 miles is quite a letdown relative to your earlier claim that the Taycan owner was able to circumnavigate North America.
    >
    > Sorry you feel let down. Like the writer, everyone else thought it was EPIC. Sour grapes?
    >
    >

An 11,000 mile road trip may be epic, but when you oversell it by a huge amount, it's a let down.

Perhaps you merely thought the continental United States is all of North America?
  • Everyone knows he just throws half truths and lies. Look at his big lie when he joined the forums.
  • edited October 2020
    > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > An 11,000 mile road trip may be epic, but when you oversell it by a huge amount, it's a let down."

He just drove it, he wasn't selling it to anyone, just a demonstration that a 200 mile rated EV could do an 11,000 mile coast to coast, border to border run in US/Canada using public charging and do it in the Winter.

""The charging network for “everyone else” (that is, non-Teslas) got a slow start, but it is catching up quickly. This trip proves a non-tesla EVs can drive almost anywhere in the US, and all the way from coast to coast in Canada. The network isn’t perfect. It isn’t always smooth. Often it takes two or three tries to get a charging session going. But in the end, it always works. On rare occasions, you might need to drop back to a Level 2 charger, and go read a book. But eventually, you’ll get there. And with more and more DC Fast chargers coming online all the time, it will just get easier and smoother."

""Long road trips in a Taycan are much easier than I expected. The car is supremely quiet and comfortable. I could easily drive 8 or 10 hours a day without problems. On the last day, I drove (and charged) for 17 hours, covering over a 1000 miles."

https://insideevs.com/news/404931/porsche-taycan-turbo-road-trip/
  • You oversold the story, saying a driver circumnavigated a 9-and-a-half-million square mile continent. Clicking the story and learning the truth of your gross exaggeration or your ethnocentric mistake was the letdown.
  • edited October 2020
    > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > You oversold the story, saying a driver circumnavigated a 9-and-a-half-million square mile continent.

11,000 miles circumnavigating North America is 11,000 miles circumnavigating NA...sorry the reality disturbs the Phanbois but there it is.

The Porsche was able to do the circumnavigation due to Canada's electric highway as public charging in NS Dakota's and Wyoming is lacking but by running via Canada it worked.
  • edited October 2020
    What's disturbing is your insistence that the continental United States is North America.

> @FISHEV said:
    > The Porsche was able to do the circumnavigation due to Canada's electric highway
    >
    How did that help in Greenland? How did that help in Panama?
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said: > How did that help in Greenland? How did that help in Panama?"

Same issue as North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
  • Willful ignorance
  • @FishEV

Please enlighten us as to what charging in North Dakota, South Dakota, or, Wyoming have to do with traveling to Greenland and Panama when circumnavigating North America? You may even cite lack of charging in your answer if you'd like.
  • edited October 2020
    > @TabascoGuy said:
    > @FishEV
    >
    > Please enlighten us as to what charging in North Dakota, South Dakota, or, Wyoming have to do with traveling to Greenland and Panama when circumnavigating North America? You may even cite lack of charging in your answer if you'd like.

There are really two possibilities here:
    (1) The fish doesn't know what it means to circumnavigate, and/or
    (2) The fish doesn't know that North America isn't The United States of America.

Although he likes to portray himself here as a man in his mid-to-late fifties, his antics are more typical of someone in his early-to-mid twenties. I go with (2); that type of misunderstanding, rather than vocabulary, is more likely in a young adult.
  • Indignorant.
  • My colleague says he prefers Porsche because he is a « Purist »
  • > @TabascoGuy said: > Please enlighten us as to what charging in North Dakota, South Dakota, or, Wyoming have to do with traveling to Greenland and Panama when circumnavigating North America?

He didn't drive his car in any of those places.
  • That's not what you meant.
  • > @TabascoGuy said: > That's not what you meant.

Then why did you ask what I meant?
  • For the benefit of others.