General

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Volkswagen's ID.3 Triumphs European EV Sales in October

edited December 2020 in General
"Nevertheless, what came in as a major shock was that the red-hot EV maker, Tesla, was nowhere in the radar of Europe’s Top 10 EVs for the month in discussion."

"Notably, the Volkswagen’s ID.3 hatchback, which hit the markets only in September, registered sale of 10,475 units in October, narrowly surpassing the second best Renault SA’s RNLSY Zoe subcompact by approximately 700 units and massively defeating Tesla’s TSLA 834 Model 3 sedans sold. ID.3 even emerged as the best-selling car overall in Norway, The Netherlands and Ireland, capturing more than 19% of the overall market share in Norway."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/volkswagens-vwagy-id-3-triumphs-134501621.html

Comments

• Excellent more EVs. But after diesel gate, personally I would avoid Volkswagen.
  • This post belongs in the Volkswagen forum, not the Tesla forum. What gives Howard?
  • Nyland does some comparison of ID3 to ID4 here.

https://youtu.be/X-jXiHwomd8?t=38
  • If anything, it should be in the General forum.
  • So the month a new model is released, they experienced a rush in sales. Is that not normal?

Once the initial orders that people have been waiting for for years are filled, we'll see true sales numbers.

Of course howard knows this, but he's run out of technical arguments why he hates his Tesla, so he's resorted to this.
  • Deep discounts on cars that were mothballed in parking lots for nearly a year must sell to people who don’t understand batteries.
  • Flagged. Wrong forum.
  • The OP must be busy trading around 10:30 am everyday
  • Seems this is the right forum since it specifically references Model 3 sales:

“and massively defeating Tesla’s TSLA 834 Model 3 sedans sold.”

Tesla was not in the top 10 in EV sales in Europe.
  • I was getting excited that another company could help Tesla sell more EVs. I looked into Bighorn's comment. The first month of the quarter is usually Tesla's lowest selling month. The company is usually building the vehicles early in the quarter and then need to transport them to Europe.

We'll have to see what the quarterly numbers will look like. Here's to cleaner air.
  • Howard,

Are you getting your facts from tabloids?

https://insideevs.com/news/451541/europe-record-plugin-car-sales-september-2020/
  • > @HAL2001 said: > Are you getting your facts from tabloids?"

Did you miss the link in original post?

"Notably, the Volkswagen’s ID.3 hatchback, which hit the markets only in September, registered sale of 10,475 units in October, narrowly surpassing the second best Renault SA’s RNLSY Zoe subcompact by approximately 700 units and massively defeating Tesla’s TSLA 834 Model 3 sedans sold. ID.3 even emerged as the best-selling car overall in Norway, The Netherlands and Ireland, capturing more than 19% of the overall market share in Norway."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/volkswagens-vwagy-id-3-triumphs-134501621.html

> @Bighorn said: Cherry-picking is a loser’s best friend.

Was there another October 2020 to use?
  • > @HAL2001 said:
    >
    > And shortly the refreshed M3 and Model Y will arrive in Europe which is likely what most folks are waiting for.
    >
    Apparently not but keep going on and on.
  • > @howard_98305575 said:
    > Apparently not but keep going on and on.
    >

Refreshed model 3, 7000 already on there way to Europe from the new factory.

Model Y deliveries expected to start in January

Apparently so!
  • > @HAL2001 said:
    > > @howard_98305575 said:
    > > Apparently not but keep going on and on.
    > >
    >
    > Refreshed model 3, 7000 already on there way to Europe from the new factory.
    >
    > Model Y deliveries expected to start in January
    >
    > Apparently so!

So dense. Does not mean your opinion that they are what most folks are waiting for is remotely true. Is it?
  • The numbers will tell the real story. In the meantime Howard will misrepresent what they mean
  • > @howard_98305575 said:
    > So dense. Does not mean your opinion that they are what most folks are waiting for is remotely true. Is it?

I see my opinion that it’s likely means nothing because your opinion is likely not. But my opinion came from the information in a Forbes article and yours came from.... a box of crackerjacks?

If you want to argue October, fine its not worth my time. I will say it, “The ID.3 outsold Tesla’s M3 in Europe, in October.” But that fact doesn’t matter because In the same time period (September to Today) the Tesla M3 still out sold the ID.3 in Europe. But you cling to October if it helps your emotional state.
  • Please stop I just can’t keep laughing this hard.
  • No response? switching to Deflection again? Hold on to that October tight it will keep everyone laughing.
  • Please stop I just can’t keep laughing this hard.-Howard

Like a 3rd grade playground bully. You are such a child.